We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EV Car Driving Range in Jeju Island

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Topic
EV Car Driving Range in Jeju Island

Hi All,

I would like to ask, have anyone here experience in renting EV Car (Especially Hyundai Ioniq EV) at Jeju Island? I have below questionS:

1. How far (distance in km) you can drive with 1 full charging?

2. How long (in hours) time would we need to fully charge the car (considering both normal and fast charging station)?

3. How convenient it is to rent the EV car to drive around the island (Is it easy to find the charging station especially in Seogwipo area)?

4. Can we leave the car without have to look for it during charging (if the charging take hours)?

5. Does the rental company provide the electric charging station card (or we need to get it elsewhere)?

I found and intend to rent the EV Car (Hyundai Ioniq) from Sixt to drive around Jeju Island.

You advise and experience are very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Have a nice day.

3 replies to this topic
Singapore, null...
Level Contributor
636 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EV Car Driving Range in Jeju Island

I rented the ioniq from Sixt in June pretty good and quiet to drive.

1. 200km but it varies depending on uphill or downhill as it can charge going downhill

2. fast charge is 45 mins for 80%

3. There are quite a lot of charging stations near seogwipo, the problem is the charging station may be blocked by other cars or being used by others.

4. Yes you just plug the charger in and can leave it.

5. Sixt provides the card everything is included in the rental

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: EV Car Driving Range in Jeju Island

Hi Nutzz,

Appreciate your reply. When do you rent it from Sixt, is it recently?

I have few other questions if you don't mind if I ask:

1. May you share your experience in renting with Sixt since I read there is a lot of complain in getting their service?

2. Can you share how much do you paid for the rental and which CDW package that you took?

3. How is the condition of the car you rented?

Your kind response and sharing are very much appreciated.

Glad to have your reply.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: EV Car Driving Range in Jeju Island

Thanks to NUTZ for reply. I am also renting a ioniq from SIXT this Oct. They just emailed me a guide in English to digest.

Reply to: EV Car Driving Range in Jeju Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jeju Island