We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conil Tapas

Which Tias hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Biggleswade, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Conil Tapas

Hi,

We've just booked a villa in Conil for mid October. There are apparently 2 tapas bars within Conil. Has anyone ever been?

Is Conil a nice village to be staying in? Does it have many amenities? Bakery?

Thanks in advance, Simon

5 replies to this topic
Biggleswade, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Conil Tapas

Also, are there any markets in Conil at all?

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,034 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Conil Tapas

Never been to conil recently so can't answer your question about tapas bars but I'm sure someone will but I know there's a very small supermarket. Conil is a traditional canarian village. You are very close to Tias which has a number of supermarkets (ropers, hiperdina, gangas, maxcoop), numerous tapas and tradational restaurants. There's a great bakery there.

Obviously need transport to get to tias. Number 19 bus may go that way - can't get it to load route times. But a car probably would be useful tbh.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Conil Tapas

I presume and hope you have a car for your stay in Conil, nice village but without transport your going to struggle. The is a small social club that does nice food, you can sit on the patio looking out at the great views towards Fuerteventura. The food is always listed on a blackboard, the staff speak a little English as well.

Otheriwse like Rich says a trip into Tias is a must, great for shopping and eating out drinking etc.

Hope this helps

Keith

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Conil Tapas

If you venure into Tias, this Tapas bar is NOT to be missed! We had lunch there today, 6 tapas dishes with two large bottles of water and change from a 20e note.... tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g954043-…

Most of the staff speak good English so you should have no problems...

enjoy

Keith

Edited: 3:32 pm, September 03, 2011
Leics
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Conil Tapas

I am also looking at renting there and wondered if it was walking distance to Tias or Peurto del Carmen?

Reply to: Conil Tapas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tias
Recent Conversations
More Tias Topics