We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A la carte dress code and is it free at the Alba Royal Turke

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A la carte dress code and is it free at the Alba Royal Turke

Hi, Weve just booked the Alba Royal Hotel in Side Turkey going out on 5th July 2012 for 2 weeks. Could someone answer the folowing questions please; a la carte dress code, is it free and how many visits in a 2 week holiday. Also I know its 'awful' but where in the hotel can you smoke and more importantly can you smoke in all the bars, Also dress code if men have to ware shirt and trousers are three quarter length pants and polo shirts allowed. Many thanks and heres hoping someone can offer us this information.

Kind regards

Neil and Mandy

Sheerness, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A la carte dress code and is it free at the Alba Royal Turke

Hi ya

The same rules apply in Turkey around smoking as home i.e. no smoking in indoor public places. The bars all have outside terraces so you won't have far to go to spark up. To be honest it's so hot in July you will most probably be drinking on the terrace of an evening anyway if not in the pool bar which is outside.

Dress code for the main restaurant is pretty relaxed, I generally wore smart shorts or 3/4 length trousers - mainly because it was too hot to wear jeans etc. As long as it's not swimwear you will be fine.

Not too sure about the dress code for the al la cartes or number or visits permitted. I've been to the hotel twice now but never eaten in the al la carte (I prefer buffet). Everyone I have spoken to all recommend them anyway.

Good choice of hotel anyway and if you have any other questions just let me know and I'll try and answer them for you

Brett

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A la carte dress code and is it free at the Alba Royal Turke

Thanks for that Brett,

What about drinks in the night club/disco, are they included in the A.I. deal.

Also I have heard that there are many cats in the bar areas, is that true.If so can you shoo them out of the way with out causing offence.

Once again thanks Brett

Neil & Mandy

Edited: 4:23 pm, March 28, 2012
Sheerness, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A la carte dress code and is it free at the Alba Royal Turke

Drinks are included in the night club, the hotel is 24hour all-inclusive.

The nightclub in the hotel didn't seem to open last year, instead they held a disco till the early hours in the Alba Resort beach bar which is a few mins walk from the pool bar. This is shared between the Alba Royal / Alba Queen & Alba Resort guests. It's probably better this way as there will be a lot more people which makes for a better atmosphere.

You will no doubt love the beach party they put on, fire show, disco on the beach, fireworks and a foam party, they even encourage you to go for a late night swim in the sea lol. These are held once a fortnight, they setup mobile bars on the beach and have snacks like hot dogs etc. Most people seemed to drink the punch they make up which looked strong as all I kept seeing was them pouring in litre after litre of rum/vodka.

I didn't really think there was much of an issue with cats to be honest. There was the odd cat and you certainly could shoo it away. Not really a cat lover myself and I didn't find them overbearing anyway.

Happy to help - I go back towards the end of July and very much looking forward to returning

Brett

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A la carte dress code and is it free at the Alba Royal Turke

Cheers Brett,

Thank you such much youve been very helpful. So heres looking forward to a fantastic holiday.

Best wishes

Neil & Mandy

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
262 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A la carte dress code and is it free at the Alba Royal Turke

Hiya, we get to alba royal on June 30th so will still be there when you arrive on the 5th July, I'm so looking forward to it, maybe we'll have a drink together at one of the bars lol, c u there!!

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A la carte dress code and is it free at the Alba Royal Turke

Yeh great,

il be the one holding the daily mail under my left arm and adorning a purple crocus (nicely balanced) over the right ear.

'Only joking' It will be over the left ear!

See you in paradise, Angie.

Neil & Mandy

7. Re: A la carte dress code and is it free at the Alba Royal Turke

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:38 am, April 07, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Colakli
Recent Conversations