We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New crystal palace hotel colakli

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Topic
New crystal palace hotel colakli

Does anyone know anything about this new hotel ?

Supposed to be opening for summer 2011, Thomas Cook are calling it 4 star.

Anybody know where its location is in relation to other hotels in the area ?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: New crystal palace hotel colakli

It is supposed to be 24 hrs AI,but what Thomas Cook tell you and what you get well we will see. I booked a Superior deluxe room at extra cost, i emailed the hotel to say i had booked this type off room and that its what i expected to get on arrival, got an email back saying they didn't have Superior Delux rooms,so have i paid £192 to thomas cook for nothing.

Greater Manchester
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: New crystal palace hotel colakli

Drinks were available 24 hours in the hotel bars but there were some charges for certain cocktails & some premium brands between approx 2 - 6am. The Irish bar wasn't open whilst we were there although it looked nearly finished.

Stirling
1 post
Save Reply
83. Re: New crystal palace hotel colakli

We are flying out next tues 19th, looking foward to a relaxing couple of wks.

I read on a review that you can only book one of the ala carte resturants per stay, does anyone know if there is any truth in that?

Cheers

Greater Manchester
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: New crystal palace hotel colakli

When we were there we were able to go to each one (that was open) once per week. There were only 3 open at the time but there are 5 in total.

York
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: New crystal palace hotel colakli

Hi

Have booked this hotel for October based on really good reviews. Getting increasing concerned about more recent negative reviews and considering changing hotels. Has anyone been recently, eg in July, who can share your experience with this hotel.

Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: New crystal palace hotel colakli

We are goin on 22 Aug.

Looking fwd to it. We have stayed at Susei de luxe (belek) & royal wings (Lara beach) so will take some beating.

Any English going then?

Mentioned in this post
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
475 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: New crystal palace hotel colakli

We are goin on 22 Aug.

Looking fwd to it. We have stayed at Susei de luxe (belek) & royal wings (Lara beach) so will take some beating.

Any English going then?

Mentioned in this post
Lara Beach
Lara Beach
475 Reviews
Antalya, Turkey
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: New crystal palace hotel colakli

I stayed in this Hotel from 12th July had trouble getting the Room i booked first 3 days off holiday ruined,but i think it was more Thomas Cooks fault,be warned there Superior Delux Room is the smallest rooms in the Hotel but with a Sea view. The sea view is not great as it is a good distance away.

Hotel is very clean and looks the part, but service when we were there was awfull. You had to get your own drinks at the pool,and at meal times,and i have never seen so many Children on a holiday,i mean some were just out off the womb. The place was full of Russians who waste food on a mega scale and drink themselves into an ambulance.

The animation team cause to much noise,they are 5 feet from the speaker yet it is on full power. Getting into the pool were the jacuzzi jets are is dangerous the step down from the edge of the pool is 18 inches,and many didnt know this and fell in and hit the next step.

The beach is nice but i burnt my foot on the sand even wearing beach shoes.

There is a bar in the hotel which is done up like a library,its quiet when staff have't got the tv on,in fact the TV should go it isnt needed.

Food is ok,i had food poisoning twice once by eating the bar b q turkey,and once by eating a prawn.

I would not go back,if yoy want peace and quiet give it a miss, they are it seems wanting to get more west europeans as guests, they made a mistake with the russians,no profit in the waste food and the way they drink.

berkshire UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
89. Re: New crystal palace hotel colakli

Hi there. As you can see from my earlier post we went in June and were really disppointed compared to the Sunrise we stayed in last year. People commented on me saying people didnt speak English in hotel, we didnt expect it but at least hoped someone would understand a little of what we were enquiring about - they managed to speak Russian and other languages ok. I wrote to T.C. at least to three different addresses and have just got an answer saying they had no negative responses from anyone else. Think that might be to do with the very very small number of English people in the hotel. The only other English family we met were going to complain anyway. We had the same trouble with the rooms and told our local TC shop and thought they might have sorted things out. We also were only compensated with a credit note for the seats on plane that we didnt get - obviously will not use this as i do not want to use TC again.

We too were ill and i think it was to do with the dirty beach, nothing had been cleaned up, food, bricks, concrete, plastic etc and as we were the only English on the beach that was why they hadnt any complaints!!! They also said it was not unusual for holidaymakers to encounter 'gastric type ailments' but no one had complained to them - guess they were too embarrassed!!

Anyway us like you will not return to this hotel and wouldnt recommend it to anyone - there are much nicer hotels in Turkey to visit.

let you know if we get any further with complaint

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Andover, United...
Level Contributor
240 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: New crystal palace hotel colakli

Thomas Cook have....we have complained about the air conditioning, awaiting the reply! One month has gone by, and they are still looking into it!! I will be ringing them on Monday. Posted a review.

Get answers to your questions about Colakli
Recent Conversations