We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alba Royal

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
888 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Alba Royal

We are booked to stay at the Alba Royal in September 2011. We have a standard room but I think that although most rooms have a sea view some have mountain views instead.Can anyone confirm if this is the case & if so is it worth upgrading to ensure we get a sea view ? Tel

Edited: 4:27 am, September 22, 2010
basildon
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alba Royal

If you would like a sea view rooms it better you book with the hotel ,it's 140 euros for 14 nights.i think it's a £168 with thomas cook.Email baris@albahotels.com.tr up 6 day before you go.

hull
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alba Royal

we spent 2 weeks at this hotel in sept 2010 and had a fabulouse time

i do not know what some people expect but we had no complaints at all

I would advise you to email the hotel and request if possible a sea view room as all the garden facing rooms are mostly looking at trees

i would recommend you email Mr Baris Tannverdi (customer relations

manager ) who is very helpful in these matters his email is

baris@albahotels.com.tr

One thing i would advise is do not trust the bell boy to put your cases on the

coach when you leave ,I DID AS I AM DISABLED and tipped him,and it

cost me 80 euroes for taxi to bring my cases to the airport

hope this info is of help to you

London UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Alba Royal

Hi,

Does anyone know how far is apollo temple from royal alba..or how can we get thr or how much it would cost? is there any day excursion from alba royal and how muhc?

Thanks

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alba Royal

You can take the local dolmus (bus) from Alba Royal into Side Centrum Otogar (bus station) at about 3 TL and a 20 mins journey; then either walk through the ruins or take the little bus for 0.75 TL to the amphitheatre - walk down the maın street to harbour and turn left along harbour,s edge to Apollo Temple.

Good day trıps from the hotel include Monday or Thursday Manavgat boat trip which is interesting and very relaxing and includes market day + lunch on board the boat - - or Friday to Alanya that stops for lunch at the beautiful Dim Cay River where you sit on pontoons in the middle of the river and the waiters come out and serve you there + banana plantation + 2 hours free time in Alanya + boat trip along the harbour - - or try white water rafting in nearby Taurus mountains + lunch there only 18 uk pounds for the day and good for all ages from about 7 to 70 as it is very mild yet exciting.

Edited: 10:12 am, March 24, 2011
hull
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alba Royal

The apollo temple is approx 15 mins away from The Alba Royal hotel

The Apollo is in Side and you only have to get a dolmus at the top of

the road (100 yards) get off at the end of the dolmus run which is a

a large car park and then you can either walk to the entrance at SIDE

or you can get the bus that runs to the same place (approx 5 min run)'

Magnificent views take your camera

All in all the whole trip will cost approx £10 in fares

Don,t book a trip /no need as if you go in the morning you will have

enough time to see everything and time to look round the many shops

in SIDE and the harbour area

you will have a very nice day

London UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Alba Royal

Hi again...was wondering...what type of electrical outlet is used at the hotel or in turkey.As in UK we use 3 pin socket,so just to make sure if need to take converter for charging camera/mobile.

Thanks

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alba Royal

You need to get a european adaptor that you can plug all your uk things into. Asda is probably the cheapest, the plugs are 2 prong and you just plug your charger into the adaptor and put adaptor into wall socket. Don't know if your first time abroad but if not its same as spain or any other european country.

London UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Alba Royal

Thanks for the info.Will get one from ASDA.Wondering why UK has to do everything with 3 pin s while its 2 in all other european countries..

Scotland
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alba Royal

Hi just booked for 2012, we are desperate for a holiday which does NOT INCLUDE thummping banging music till the early hours of each and every morning! Will we be ok in a standard room at the alba royal? Are the standard rooms a decent size? any tea making facilities in the room? Have ploughed through most of the reviews but getting worried now about noise levels, any tips or comments would be great!

Al

Scotland
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alba Royal

Anyone know if there is wi fi in the rooms in the alba royal? By which I mean not within the tv, would be helpful to know, going in June!(can't wait) thanks!

Al!

Get answers to your questions about Colakli
Recent Conversations