We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kefaluka resort

Which Akyarlar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
Level Contributor
57 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Kefaluka resort

We`r off to the kefaluka resort on 19th sept and would just like a little information please.Is it a 3 pin plug we need to use?Also there has been some negative reports recently on here about the hotel and i feel a little concerned as i booked this hotel for my husbands 40th and our 1st wedding anniversary and wondered if any body had been recently?I`d be very grateful for any information,thank you.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,026 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kefaluka resort

Hi Sunworshiper

I went for a tour of the Kefaluka when we stayed at the Xanadu Island in July, we had booked last year for this hotel and due to my husband not being fit to fly we had to cancel. I was curious what we had missed out on hence the tour.

I do think the hotel has made changes, like changing the beer from Effes to a less well known brand and making charges for the Al a Cartes etc and some repeat guests have been disappointed this year.

The heat was unbearble in the hotels public areas and the Air con was not on when we toured.You should be fine in September though.This area is stunning but has a cool breeze and I would take a wrap or light jacket because even in July some evenings were cool towards late evening.View from the rooms at the Kefaluka are stunning The hotel is nice and bright but it was packed with children, again this should not be an issue in late September.

To be honest had it been our choice before the Xanadu Island then maybe we would have liked the hotel but after staying there we would not choose it now.

Price though is alot more so not a fair comparrison to make.

I saw that you were asking about boat trips and there are trips available on the beach in the resort a short way from your hotel.If you click on my username and look for my photos I posted with my Xanadu review you can see the boats there and some photos of the area with the bars on the beach. There were lots of boats going out daily.It really is a lovely area!

I really would go with an open mind and in September it will be a different experience from those going when the hotel is at peak occupancy.

Hope your have a lovely Anniversary and your Husbands big 40 and do tell the hotel of your celebrations because you never know they may upgrade you.I am sure you would get a cake for his big day!!

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kefaluka resort

I am also going to the Kefaluka on the 19th September! and agree that some of the reviews have put tiny doubts in my mind..so fingers crossed it is as lovely as it looks !

Kent
Level Contributor
57 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kefaluka resort

Thank you very much for all your info,I will definatly take it all on board,and fingers crossed it'll be fine when we are there!

warrington
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kefaluka resort

Well as a few months have now passed how was the holiday . We are going in may please let us know cheers Steveh Warrington

warrington
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kefaluka resort

Well as a few months have now passed how was the holiday . We are going in may please let us know cheers Steveh Warrington

Any other replies or info would be great cheers

Edited: 3:23 am, January 07, 2012
wsm
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kefaluka resort

Hi ,what kind of boat trips re there :) and is there many water sports around please ? Anyone

Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kefaluka resort

Water sports such as jet ski were a bit on the pricey side, the hotel and staff however are fantastic. the entertainment team are great. downsides are its quite a way from bodrum 35 mins in a taxi which cost 50 lira first time return and 60 the second time we went. its a nice hotel Resort and the food is spot on not quite what we may be used to from the uk but good food. pool etc was good

Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kefaluka resort

Water sports such as jet ski were a bit on the pricey side, the hotel and staff however are fantastic. the entertainment team are great. downsides are its quite a way from bodrum 35 mins in a taxi which cost 50 lira first time return and 60 the second time we went. its a nice hotel Resort and the food is spot on not quite what we may be used to from the uk but good food. pool etc was good

9. Re: Kefaluka resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, February 14, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Akyarlar
More Akyarlar Topics