We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing to pack for monteverde/santa elena area?

Tacoma
1 post
Save Topic
Clothing to pack for monteverde/santa elena area?

I'm going to be in Santa Elena for a few months, from january to june. What clothing should I bring with me and what should I buy when I get there? Are there any brands you recommend? Thanks

Mex
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing to pack for monteverde/santa elena area?

Wow, your lucky, I'm here in Santa Elena right now and I wish I could stay longer.... I brought long sleeve shirts, walking shoes, hicking boots, light rain proof jacket, shorts and non jeans pants. Don't forget sunblock and Moskito repellent. Avoid changing at the airport, try a walmart instead.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
520 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothing to pack for monteverde/santa elena area?

You probably will be walking a lot, so bring any water proof stuff you can get.

I personally always bring my rubber rain boots since you are going to be walking on very muddy roads and trails, a rain proof jacket, an umbrella (if the rain gets too heavy), and a waterproof backpack or purse to keep your stuff dry. Warm pajamas, and warm sleepers when going to sleep.

It also gets kinda warm during the day, so t-shirts, shorts and hiking boots for summer time. Specially if you are from places like Canada, or northern US, or some places in Europe, what Costa Ricans might consider "cold" temperatures, might be hot for you.

I am sure you are better getting your stuff from where you live, than buying them here.

3. Re: Clothing to pack for monteverde/santa elena area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 20, 2015