We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monteverde hostels, which one is best??

Which Monteverde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Monteverde hostels, which one is best??

Hello there!

There are so many hostels options in Monteverde (Santa Elena) and my boyfriend and I are a little lost as to which one to choose. I have read great reviews about Pension Santa Elena, Casa Tranquilo, Sloth Backpackers...and many more! But there are also some very negative comments about cleanliness and bad smells and bugs (especially *yikes* bedbugs!)...

So we are being a little cautious... The prices are very attractive and we ARE looking for a cheap clean accommodation, definitely not for luxury, BUT we want to find the best in that price range.

Any recommendations?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monteverde hostels, which one is best??

Pension Santa Elena. The "gold standard" in budget lodging for many years.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
45,538 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monteverde hostels, which one is best??

Orquideas Inn...and Rustic lodge offer some great prices...even that is more like a hotel...

roadadvisor

Navarre, Florida
Level Contributor
76 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monteverde hostels, which one is best??

Well, Tree House Hotel and Restaurant listed $24 a night for 2 and it looked clean and is middle Santa Elana. I di not tay there just saw it.

4. Re: Monteverde hostels, which one is best??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 13, 2014