We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hidden Valley or El Bosque tour

Which Monteverde hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
756 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Hidden Valley or El Bosque tour

Has anyone gone on both Hidden Valley Night tour and El Bosque night tour. They both look good and I'm wondering if someone has an experience where they can compare the 2.

Thanks in advance.

Level Contributor
6 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hidden Valley or El Bosque tour

We just got back from Monteverde, where we went on the El Bosque night tour. We highly recommend it. Our guide Elvis was outstanding. He was very knowledgeable and pointed out many different animals to us. We saw rare birds, mammals, insects, and a Tarantula nest!

Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hidden Valley or El Bosque tour

We went to the El Bosque night tour.

This was great! Our guide Andres was VERY knowledgeable.

He really tried hard to show us many animals. He even called out tarantula out of her nest.

We were only two people on the tour.

My daughter was so happy. She said this was the best thing in Monteverde.

Even better that the morning walk.

We saw porcupine, coati, olingo, several raccoons, some birds and very interesting spiders.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hidden Valley or El Bosque tour

Took the El Bosque Night Tour in Dec 2012. It was great. We saw birds up close (if you shine a light on a sleeping bird, it doesn't wake up!) and a venemous snake on a tree branch near us, and a bunch of other animals. I was dubious and thought we might not see much, but I was totally wrong.

I'd happily post a review with a snake picture, but I can't find El Bosque Night Tour on TripAdvisor.

4. Re: Hidden Valley or El Bosque tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 18, 2014