We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Anyone else had problems at Hotel Cipreses Monteverde ?

Yorba Linda...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Has Anyone else had problems at Hotel Cipreses Monteverde ?

In December 2011 we traveled for the US to Costa Rica for a fun vacation. We made the reservations at Hotel Cipreses and paid in full for 1 night. After a 7 hour road trip on unpaved, pothole roads in the dark , stopping at 3 payphones that didn't work to try to get help in finding the place we finally arrived at the hotel at 11:30 PM only to be told by security they were closed for the night and we could not get into our room. The next morning after "sleeping" in our rental car we spoke to the manager only to be told "it happens all the time". We asked for our money back and after many call and emails we still have gotten nowhere with the owner.

Has this happened to you?

Please let us know.

Yorba Linda...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Has Anyone else had problems at Hotel Cipreses Monteverde ?

Hotel Cipreses has still not contacted me and lied to the credit card company saying I never showed up.

The Scam Continues.

This is a "Family run" business they say they treat the customers like family if that is the case then I hate to see how they treat each other.

Edited: 6:04 pm, April 11, 2012
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Has Anyone else had problems at Hotel Cipreses Monteverde ?

Joe - Still don't see your review of this hotel which would go a long way towards warning other people.

Forum topics tend to go "down in the list" and kind of disappear but reviews are always there.

Yorba Linda...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Has Anyone else had problems at Hotel Cipreses Monteverde ?

I did write a review and it was removed because they said I never stayed at the Hotel. I revised my review and submitted it again so I hope it will go up soon.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Has Anyone else had problems at Hotel Cipreses Monteverde ?

OK - great. Let's hope this one goes through.

15. Re: Has Anyone else had problems at Hotel Cipreses Monteverde ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:42 pm, June 19, 2013