We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurry - ugent help needed Montevede to Flamingo Beach

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Hurry - ugent help needed Montevede to Flamingo Beach

Hi , we are in Flamingo beach currently and going to drive to Arenall tomorrow night, and will spend the night. Husband wants to get up early and depart from Arenal on Thurs, drive to Monteverde, then back to Flamingo Beach. Our hotel is telling us that Monteverde is only 2 hours form Arenal, then about 3 back to Flamingo beach, but after doing research on here, that doesn't seem the case! Please help and advise on how far apart everything is - I don't believe we can make Arenal to Monteverde back to Flamingo in one day!!

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurry - ugent help needed Montevede to Flamingo Beach

You are correct thats a lot of driving, Arenal to Monteverde is about a 3.5 hour drive, Monteverde to flamingo beach about 4.5 to 5 hours.

You can look at this route planner: yourtravelmap.com/costarica/…

In Costa Rica the distances may apear short but the drive time a lot more due to speed restrictions, dirt roads (like to Monteverde) or mountain roads.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurry - ugent help needed Montevede to Flamingo Beach

Thank you soo much - this map is great! I've been struggling to find something that shows distance and route!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,438 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurry - ugent help needed Montevede to Flamingo Beach

Let me try...Flamingo to Liberia...about 50 minutes...from Liberia to Cañas...at least 45 minutes...from Cañas to Nuevo Arenal 1 hour...from Nuevo Arenal to Tabacon...at least 1 hour...close to 4 hours...maybe less...I drive there very often...and that is about what it takes me...last time I drove that exactly route last week!

Maybe the person at you hotel is confused with Rincon de la Vieja Volcano...then it is two hours...never ever to Arenal!

From Monteverde to Flamingo...down to Pan Am Hwy by Sardinal at least 45 minutes...then 1 hour to Liberia and another 50 minutes to Flamingo...very close to 3 hours...

Monteverde...Santa Elena...down to Sardinal make a right now you are in Pan Am Hwy number one...heading North to Cañas...Liberia...in Liberia make a left at the big intersection...by Burger King...just follow signs to Flamingo...Tamarindo...

roadadvisor

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurry - ugent help needed Montevede to Flamingo Beach

I would not do that in one day, from flamingo to Arenal is about 4 plus hours, from Arenal to Monteverde is 4 hours and then 4 more hours to Flamingo. I know in the map might look too close but it is not. You would not enjoy your day

5. Re: Hurry - ugent help needed Montevede to Flamingo Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 21, 2012