We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monteverde hotel Questions.

ft. lauderdale
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Monteverde hotel Questions.

Are there any rooms in Monteverde with ac? I've read the temperature is cooler at nights but in September I'm more concerned with keeping humidity down and the hubbys request for ac, having not seen any yet.

Also, we will have a car and dont mind driving but would like a place with nice atmosphere (either private bungalows or nicer resort with views). Any recommendations?

We are trying to stay in the 100 range and therefore Hidden Canopy and El Establo bring us over and seem to be the most recommended =( Was considering Arco Iris or Sapo Dorado and see some need update, uncomfortable or loud reviews while others are great? Any additional recommendations or input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monteverde hotel Questions.

I don't think anyone has a/c in monteverde. It can be quite chilly even in the daytime.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
13,970 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monteverde hotel Questions.

Every hotel in Monteverde has air conditioning. Specially during night time. Just leave the windows open. If you will choose between top 5 in TA section of hotels in Monteverde you have a winner.

ft. lauderdale
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monteverde hotel Questions.

Thank you I will convey that message to the hubby lol. Being from Miami we know rain means humidity but probably not so there due to altitude.

Thank you. Which do you prefer in the mid range?

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
13,970 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monteverde hotel Questions.

I would like to give you a name but was asked not to promote it anymore. Maybe just a hint. it's No.1 .... (sorry, Rolf, I just could not resist !!!). Here is also a disclaimer: read all reviews for each hotel carefully, starting with terrible and then poor and then average. If still interested check the photos of reviewers and use Uncle Google for further informations.

5. Re: Monteverde hotel Questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 04, 2012