We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

evaluation of Monteverde Lodge and Gardens

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
evaluation of Monteverde Lodge and Gardens

I am trying to find a hotel for Monteverde for August 1st and 2nd. (6 adults, need 3 rooms) The Monteverde Lodge and Gardens are highly rated in the tour guides, but never mentioned on TripAdvisor - any reason why? has anyone stayed there? What did you think? We want to see the cloud forest, butterfly and other exhibits, and do a forest floor and hanging bridges tour (if we can fit it all in)

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,880 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: evaluation of Monteverde Lodge and Gardens

Not sure why there is no mention. Monteverdeguy the Destination Expert in that area will have a better answer about that specific property.

I really like Hidden Canopy Treehouse, amazing and hands down the best in the area. I have stayed at the Rustic Lodge, simple, cheap, another good one to check.

Cheers

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: evaluation of Monteverde Lodge and Gardens

thanks - I am finding that there are many ratings (from "great" to "terrible" for the same property in both individual reviews and also in guidebooks - It's hard to know who to believe. I am looking at places where AAA houses their tour-takers as well. How do I reach Monteverdeguy - do I just wait til he posts a reply? (I am new to TripAdvisor)

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,880 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: evaluation of Monteverde Lodge and Gardens

Monteverdeguy will chime in soon, or you can send him a Private Message. He is very knowledgeable and has great advice.

Monteverde Costa...
Level Contributor
544 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: evaluation of Monteverde Lodge and Gardens

Thanks Incabod and those places you mention are great options here. If you can afford it go to Hidden Canopy Treehouses IMHO.

Monteverde Lodge and gardens is hidden sort of in the subsection Monteverde Cloud forest reserve section.

The reviews are here

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g309277-d310473…

Not a bad place at all but read the reviews to see if fits for you.

I dont know why TA has us split up into so many different sub sections up here since basically it is all Monteverde. But until they figure that out and change it it can be hard to find a place unless you search the way they have it listed.

Good luck and Im sure you will be happy anywhere you end up.

Thanks for visiting us here in Monteverde. The Quetzals and the cool spring like weather await.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,112 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: evaluation of Monteverde Lodge and Gardens

Nice place...El Establo Hotel...that is a nice hotel...a lot better than the other one!

Fona Vella great place as well...simple but nice!

roadadvisor

6. Re: evaluation of Monteverde Lodge and Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, October 05, 2012