We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

would you rather...

Seattle, Washington
4 posts
Save Topic
would you rather...

Spend 4 days in Monteverde, or spend 2 days in Arenal/La Fortuna and 2 in Monteverde? We will be there next week! I am reading that Arenal isn't terribly active right now, so maybe our time would be better spent just in Monteverde? We wouldn't get the excitement of the Jeep-boat-jeep transportation, though...

Mentioned in this post
Monteverde
Monteverde
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
901 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: would you rather...

I really think you will missing a lot not visiting Arenal...Monteverde is very nice...but NO volcano even if is no to crazy now days...

I went to Arenal yesterday at about 4PM it was so clear and nice...love it!

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
901 Reviews
Monteverde
Monteverde
Monteverde Costa...
Level Contributor
650 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: would you rather...

In my experience most people do it two nights or so in each place and enjoy them both.

Both places are nice and really quite different. I was sweating down in Arenal yesterday and now back in Monteverde and its nice and cool here as usual.

Not that sweating is so bad mind you.

Plus the three wattled bellbirds are in town now. Really cool if you can see one and a Quetzal.

Have fun wherever you go!

Mentioned in this post
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
901 Reviews
Monteverde
Monteverde
Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: would you rather...

Do both if you can, two days in each will be ok, many different things to do and see in both locations.

4. Re: would you rather...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, May 20, 2012