We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Alicante airport to El Campello

Macclesfield
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Alicante airport to El Campello

Hi

Has anyone used www.alicanteairporttransfer.net/index.asp for their transfers? I have tried David at Costa Blanca private transfers but he is fully booked.

Many thanks

Sue

norfolk
Level Contributor
856 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Alicante airport to El Campello

Hi Sue, don't know if it's the same company, but in 2010 we used Alicante Airport Transfers and despite having pre-paid for return journey they did not turn up at the airport, managed to speak to someone when we were at the airport who said they would see what had happened and would ring me back, but they never did and despite emails and phone calls we could never get in contact anymore.

The tourist office in Campello did some research into the company for us, but couldn't come up with any positive feedback, they were very kind and the woman booked a taxi back to the airport for us under her details.

Don't want to put you off but it was not a very nice experience and put a damper on the holiday.

Jean.

Macclesfield
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Alicante airport to El Campello

Hi Jean

Nice to hear from you again. I hope you had a fab holiday, I think you may have fetched the sunshine back with you!! Thank you for your feedback, I am always a bit dubious of paying up front for companies I haven't heard of, I will stick to the ones I know I think.

Best wishes

Sue

norfolk
Level Contributor
856 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Alicante airport to El Campello

Had a great time thanks, was beginning to get quite hot towards the end of our holiday, so to arrive back to overcast and drizzly rain was not good.

If you google Virgen del carmen el Campello programa it will give you details of the fiesta, you can click on link to translate to English, I think you will miss the actual procession but still things to see.

They have started putting the lights up across the streets, the Plaza del Carmen, where they have bands etc is not far from your hotel, turn right when you come out and walk down until you see the fountain and it's just on the other side of the road,

You can't miss the Illeta tower, if you look towards the marina it's set on the hill behind.

The tram is a good way to visit the area, it starts at Alicante and goes up to Benidorm, if you change there you can go on as far as Denia, it's cheap and easy to use.

Jean.

Macclesfield
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Alicante airport to El Campello

Good morning Jean

Glad to hear you had a great time, they promise the sun will be here at the weekend!! We will definitely go and have a look at the fiesta, I have had a look at the website and looks like some great things to see. We will miss the parade, which is a shame, as flying back at 20.35 on that day.

Thanks again Jean

Sue

Macclesfield
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Alicante airport to El Campello

Hi Jean

We are back!! We had a great time and I can see why you return. Thanks for all the information, especially about the fiesta, it was really good, a shame we just missed the parade on Tuesday evening. The Hotel Mar Azul was very nice too, only 17 bedrooms but absolutely spotless, so would definitely use again although would like to try the Playa once it re-opens!!

Hope you have been enjoying the lovely weather here.

Best wishes

Sue

norfolk
Level Contributor
856 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Alicante airport to El Campello

Hi Sue, thanks for the update on your holiday, I had wondered how you got on so it was a nice to read your post.

So glad that you enjoyed Campello, we are returning in October to see The Moors and Christians festival, it's supposed to be good, just hoping the weather is still warm.

How did you get on with your transfers, hope all went okay.

Jean.

Province of...
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Alicante airport to El Campello

We booked a taxi firm that failed to pick us up from Alicante Airport that seems to go by several names including Taxido.com. After hanging around for an hour I found a payphone and called the contact number and a man answered saying he had sold the company months ago and now lived in Ibiza! We had been quoted 50 euros return and were forced to pay out 40 one way by getting a taxi off the rank as we had never been before and weren't aware of how good the public transport was. Although we didn't pay upfront it cost us money in the long run and next time I go I will be using the bus and tram.

Macclesfield
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Alicante airport to El Campello

Hi. I have heard a few horror stories regarding transfers but we used suntransfers.com and I have to say we couldn't fault them. We even had to change our pick up point as the road our hotel was on was closed due to the festival parade! They phoned us and emailed us on several occasions to ensure they had got the right place to pick us up from and were spot on time. It cost 73 Euros return and I would certainly use them again.

Sue

norfolk
Level Contributor
856 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from Alicante airport to El Campello

We are going again in a couple of weeks and due to our transfer company relocating back to UK and therefore unable to do our transfers we are going to do the C6 airport bus and then the tram to Campello.

It is supposed to be easy so will let you know how we get on.

Jean.

Liverpool
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer from Alicante airport to El Campello

Hiii, any ideas on how's best to get to Pueblo Acantilado Suites?

Get answers to your questions about Campello
Recent Conversations