We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

self catering accomodation el campello

Which Campello hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wakefield, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
self catering accomodation el campello

Hi,

I've read lots of enthusiastic reviews about el campello and plan to venture there in July with my husband and 3 year old. Can anyone reccomend any self catering appartments or villa's with a central location?

norfolk
Level Contributor
826 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: self catering accomodation el campello

Hi Cath,

The apartment that we use and have been more than happy with is Edifico Macarena, you can find details on Holiday Lettings.

It has 3 bedrooms, we have been there with family but because the location is ideal we have also been when we have been on our own

It is situated just behind the buildings on the sea front so only a very short stroll to the beach, in the price is a very good welcome pack of essentials and there are beach "bits" for you to use.

Any other info that I can help with just ask, I love Campello and am only too happy to help,

Regards

Jean.

Wakefield, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: self catering accomodation el campello

Thanks for that Jean. The accomodation looks great and although close to the beach i did want somewhere with a pool. My 3 year old can be a bit funny in the sea and loves to swim in the pool!

I know from reading that el campello has a very traditional feel but tourists are made to feel welcome are they not? I'm guessing i will need a phrase book to get by in the restaurants? Speaking of which is there enough quiet bars and restaurants to choose from?

Gosh so many questions! It's just the reviews you do find have little information on them.

Thanks again.

Cath.x

norfolk
Level Contributor
826 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: self catering accomodation el campello

Hi Cath,

Had a quick look on holiday lettings site and saw one with swimming pool will look later to see what I can find (sorry, long day at work so no time at moment) We haven't been since last year so I haven't seen it but read on here that they are building a public swimming pool so that would be an option if your rental didn't have a pool.

Campello is not touristy and has a friendly feel about it, a bit of Spanish helps but we only know a bit and get on okay, not much English is spoken and we sometimes wonder what we will get when we ask for something, but you will always find people will help, most of the bars and restaurants are smallish and not at all rowdy, you often find lots of large Spanish families eating together which gives it a homely feel.

The tram is very easy to use and a good way to explore the area, but you can just chill and enjoy Campello if that's what you want, there are play areas for children to keep them amused.

We are going the end of July with all our family (10, with the grandchildren) to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary so our visits may overlap.

Regards

Jean.

Wakefield, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: self catering accomodation el campello

Hi Jean,

Thanks once again for your help. Please don't trouble yourself looking at sites for me to be honest i've been through most of them its just good to get reccomendations.

Do you know much about coveta fuma? I saw a few villas there but i'm not sure if it sounds too quiet?

We are planning to go the begining of July so not sure if our paths will cross but i wish you a great holiday anyway.

Regards

Cath.

norfolk
Level Contributor
826 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: self catering accomodation el campello

I have never been to Coveta Fuma but from what I have heard about it there is not much to do so may be too quiet for you, it is not far from Campello and the tram stops there so if you are happy with the rental it could be an option to use that as a base and use the tram to get out and about, it is so easy to use you would have no problems.

We are there from 29th July so you will be home by then, this visit we will have a 14 month and 11 month baby plus a 7 and 9 year so will be fun.

Jean.

campello, alicante
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: self catering accomodation el campello

Hi there, yes Coveta Fuma is quiet, i can recommend you visit www.villasdirectspain.es, they are local company and they offer an fantastic service. There is an apartment on their website, which is Alhambra and it is a lovely secure complex with pool. Also the setting is great and beach is close by and a lovely Pueblo Espanol to relax in the evening very child friendly

Stockton on tees
Level Contributor
3 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: self catering accomodation el campello

Hi, noticed your postings re Coveta Fuma, it is very quiet but absolutely beautiful, this will be our 4th year in a row going to stay in a villa there in jul/Aug, there is a small square there with approx 4 restaurants then there is a Chinese restaurant, Neptunos and Sins bar. it is an extremely friendly place with easy access to El Campello via the coastal railway which is very easy to use and cheap. There is also a well stocked supermarket in the village which you could easily find everything you need for your stay. If you do need to know anything please let me know and i will be glad to oblige.

Tim.

8. Re: self catering accomodation el campello

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 pm, September 09, 2012
saddleworth
Level Contributor
21 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: self catering accomodation el campello

hola i have visited El campello every year since 2002.i have always used

Sundrenchedvillas.The guy who runs the company actually lives in Campello

His name is lee and he is very helpful.

I have also stayed in Coveta Fuma.Of the 2 i would definetly pick Campello

Its a lovely Spanish town with a brilliant tram service to Alicante or north to some more traditional spanish towns

10. Re: self catering accomodation el campello

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Campello
More Campello Topics