We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tonight's procession

Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
for Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
67 reviews
75 helpful votes
Tonight's procession

Hi everyone! Hubby has driven up to Santa Pola today and is staying overnight before bringing family back with him.

I understand that there is a procession tonight that starts at 8pm from Calle Iglesia. I've been digging through Google maps - and although the pin lands on the "Parroquia de la Asunción de Nuestra Señora", I am looking for a little reassurance that it is the right place... and the correct church?

I've sent him information for that anyway - but if any of you pop online before about 7:30pm (Spain time) - could you please confirm I'm sending him to the right place? My stepson and his girlfriend have never seen the Semana Santa processions in Spain before... and I imagine yours would be larger than ours (I'm in a teeny village) so well worth a look. They'll get to see ours here but it would be nice for them to see the Santa Pola one tonight before heading here tomorrow.

Thanks so much in advance!

Elle xx

1 reply
Velez Blanco, Spain
Destination Expert
for Province of Almeria
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
67 reviews
75 helpful votes
1. Re: Tonight's procession

All sorted. He popped into a hotel and asked the receptionist who confirmed that it was the right place but... ... ...

1. Although it officially starts at 8, it won't start until about 10pm.

2. If it's raining as heavily as it is there right now - they won't do it at all.

So don't worry about digging out any info for me.

¡Feliz Semana Santa!

Elle

Reply to: Tonight's procession
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Pola