We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Locals' Restaurants/Cafes/Bars..recommendations please ?

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
22 reviews
17 helpful votes
'Locals' Restaurants/Cafes/Bars..recommendations please ?

Hi All,

We're staying in Santa Pola in few weeks for the first time, self-catering in an apartment in town not far from the main Bus Station and I’m hoping not to have to do much cooking !

When eating out we like to sample good local food including Tapas, usually places where you are likely to be eating with more local people than tourists; it all adds to the fun and experience of travelling to another country (and the prices are usually not too expensive)

We also like to try Chinese/Indian buffet restaurants if there are any recommendations ?

Can anyone recommend any such restaurants, cafes or bars in the area we are staying or nearby.

Thanks in advance,

SunnyDaysAway

8 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
11 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: 'Locals' Restaurants/Cafes/Bars..recommendations please ?

Santa Pola is a spanish working town, pretty much any place in the town centre will be where locals eat. As usual the places near the beach/marina are more touristy (and more expensive), so I recommend to try to find more places around the town centre, but don't worry you will be spoilt for choice.

I wouldn't recommend chinese/indian food in the area though.. chinese food in Spain is very bland and I personally don't like it (it's normally considered fast/cheap food). Indian food is not very common and it's only recently that restaurants are starting to open. I'm not sure if there are any in Santa Pola , but you can take a look at tripadvisor restaurant list, I always find it useful.

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
22 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: 'Locals' Restaurants/Cafes/Bars..recommendations please ?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, sounds like we'll be staying nearer the town when out for food and avoiding the Chinese !

Thanks for your help

SDA

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
11 helpful votes
3. Re: 'Locals' Restaurants/Cafes/Bars..recommendations please ?

Hi We are in santa pola now, and i was checking T/A for bars/restaurants etc. You mentioned eating around where the locals eat at the town centre area? We are struggling to locate the town centre, is it near the touristy marina area? Or is it elsewhere, if you could give us an idea where all the shops/bars and restaurants are. TIA

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
780 posts
174 reviews
154 helpful votes
4. Re: 'Locals' Restaurants/Cafes/Bars..recommendations please ?

There is a selection of Restaurants around the new Marina Promenade.

There are also lots of Restaurants around the Castle & surrounding side streets.

The best Chinese is Nankin-on the Blue Roundabout,near the Tourist Office/Saturday Market area.

There is a Chinese Buffet place Wok Shan-this is just off the Main N332 road,opposite the camp site entrance- only costs 10€ ISH & is all you can eat.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
11 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: 'Locals' Restaurants/Cafes/Bars..recommendations please ?

The town centre is normally where the "Ayuntamiento" is, and bars & restaurants are everywhere, they don't concentrate in one area...

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
11 helpful votes
6. Re: 'Locals' Restaurants/Cafes/Bars..recommendations please ?

Thank you very much.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
11 helpful votes
7. Re: 'Locals' Restaurants/Cafes/Bars..recommendations please ?

Thank you so much.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
11 helpful votes
8. Re: 'Locals' Restaurants/Cafes/Bars..recommendations please ?

@averagesurreybloke

We went to the Nankin today for lunch, it was fantastic, food excellent and friendly staff. Thank you.

Reply to: 'Locals' Restaurants/Cafes/Bars..recommendations please ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Pola