We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa accommodation

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Topic
Villa accommodation

After lots of thoughts re safety issues etc we have now decided to bite the bullet and visit thinking of Feb next year, hope this is a good time re weather, would this be better than say Nov. We are looking for a villa, but perhaps in a gated community, must be detached and very quiet, dont suppose we can get adult only, but with access to good restaurants either on site on very close proximity, although we wil hire a car not sure about driving into Holetown, is it easy to park and safe at night, any suggestion would be gratefully received, our priority is peace and quiet and good food already done some homework and wondering about westmorland.

thank you

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa accommodation

Meram,

Royal Westmoreland for sure.

Peace, quiet, easy drive to Holetown, you can also taxi or bus if required.

Emelda

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,041 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa accommodation

Westmoreland would suit you down to the ground and don't worry about visiting Holetown , you will be perfectly safe. The weather at the moment is great------------ just one or two short showers. February is one of the busiest times of the year, so book up early.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa accommodation

Sugar Hill would also suit you, it has lovely grounds, an infinity pool at the club house which also has a restaurant and another large pool within the grounds. We have stopped there quite a few times and always enjoyed it. The penthouse apartments have a roof deck with with private jacuzzi's which we also enjoy. We never have any problem parking, the majority of restaurants have their own car park so not a problem.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa accommodation

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply......im thinking Feb is prob better weatherwise than Nov, and I am going to follow up on Westmorland.

thanks!!! Am I better looking at say owners direct etc for individually owned villas or can anyone recommend a reputable Travel Co, say, for instance Elegant Resorts etc......

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa accommodation

If you mean a real, self catering private villa we leave 15 The Falls tomorrow after 2 glorious weeks. Gated small community of about 20 houses. Try owners direct websites for similar.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa accommodation

Hi Thanks for recommendation, have looked at villa, looks ok but doesnt show a lot of the ourdoor space, only a small patio for eating out, which looks in the shade, is there ano terr/balcony/garden area. But looking at other villas on owner direct we are now getting to know what and where we want at last! ie gated community, must be quiet and convenient for eating out, would prefer detached if poss and with good sitting out areas, a sea view would be a bonus! Dont want a lot do we!!! Any suggestions would be very welcome as there are so many properties out there, also next question is, and know Bar is a year round hol place but which months would we get the better weather, Nov or Feb, dont want Dec/Jan as I think it would be too busy for us. Please!! any help would be most welcome, seem to go around in circles, the wrong dec re property can make or break a hol and it will be our first visit to Barbados, as I have previously been worried regarding safety, especially when driving to restaurants at night. Thank you.

Glos.
Level Contributor
279 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa accommodation

November and December can both be pretty wet,(heavy showers with sun in between) though December doesn't get busy until the week before xmas. Jan-March the weather is on the whole much drier, less humid, less heavy showers.

Guess that's why the prices are so much higher in those months, some villa rentals will be almost double inJan-March compared to November.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa accommodation

Jan and Feb definitely best months for weather, not as hot and only occasional showers. We've never felt threatened on Barbados. (Unlike Antigua and other islands.) Locals are the friendliest in the Caribbean.

The Falls doesn't have large gardens or sea views. Yes, you probably are asking for the moon unless you pay a high price.

The shade on the terrace is very, very welcome. The villa is an end of terrace. Can't be sure no kids or how quiet. We were very lucky and had the place more or less to ourselves so no noise problem. Even number villas back into a road so should be avoided.

Edited: 11:29 am, February 24, 2013
south east
Level Contributor
935 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa accommodation

I don't know how large a villa you are looking for, but have you looked at Coral Cove condos on Paynes Bay Beach? We have stayed a few times now, and definitely recommend them. The ground floor units are two bedroomed with their own private gardens - one with a pool. There is a security coded gate direct to the beach and a security guard on duty day and night (Romeo in charge is a fantastic guy!). The upper levels have 3 bedrooms with huge balconies and jacucuzzis. Definitely recommend them - very luxurious and views of the sea are fab! http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p88629

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa accommodation

Thank you so much for your prompt replies........I think, Feb, and its my birthday! we will go for.......so glad people take the time to post it really is so helpful, I keep going back to Royal Westmorland Villas...and have been recommended Sugar Hill, which looks fine,....any feedback please......thanks, head going around at night when in bed!!!!!!!