We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba diving in Barbados -- good company to go with??

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba diving in Barbados -- good company to go with??

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Barbados in early July and will be staying at the Mango Bay in Holetown.

He loves to scuba dive, so I am looking for recommendations for a good dive company to book a day trip with. I am afraid that the companies the hotel works with will charge higher than normal fees.

Also, I am not scuba certified. Will it be a problem for me to go diving? I'm not sure what the laws are in Barbados, but will I need to be certified or take a course?

Thanks for your help!

Vancover
Level Contributor
700 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Scuba diving in Barbados -- good company to go with??

West Side Scuba, is good team of skilled island divers there plus a good match based on your location on west coast . I have tried also EcoDive and Barbados Blue

Amazing dive sights so enjoy.

I believe you must be certified to dive ....or complete the fast track resort course to dive .

Great you are a couple as must have a dive buddy .

Then you get Naui dive card to allow you to dive world wide .. must keep a dive log etc

Edmond, OK
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Scuba diving in Barbados -- good company to go with??

We just got back from Barbados. We dove with EcoDive in Bridgetown which is not far from Holetown. We had use of a car and it took us 20-25 mins to drive to the dive shop from St James (Holetown area). Andrew and Michael were terrific. Very small dive groups as they make it a point to have no more than 6 people diving. All of our dives were great and both Andrew and Michael did everything for us. We never had to worry about a thing. Very laid back and relaxing. I would highly recommend using them for diving.

13. Re: Scuba diving in Barbados -- good company to go with??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 19, 2012