We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Personal Recommendations on family friendly restaurants?

Which Holetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
377 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Any Personal Recommendations on family friendly restaurants?

Hello fellow forumers!

My family and I are 2 sleeps away from our holiday in Holetown, Barbados (very exciting). I have a small Barbados guidebook and have been doing some research online about activities, restaurants, etc.... also read a great TA article about family friendly restaurants like Zacchios and The Courtyard... but as informative as the article is, it looks as though its a couple years old, and some of the links to the restaurant websites are out of service.

I would love hear what the seasoned forumers recommend for family friendly dining for both lunches and dinners on the west coast.

thanks!

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Personal Recommendations on family friendly restaurants?

You could considerr Groots - mixed Bajan / English

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Personal Recommendations on family friendly restaurants?

I would say there are any number of family friendly restaurants. I know you are on the west coast, but you should not limit yourself to that.

West Coast

The Beach House (see my review), Tides (since the head chef and owner have children.. shouldn't be a problem). Sitar (2nd street, Holetown). Just Grillin.

other locations

39 Steps, Chefette, Ackee Tree, Zen

how old are your children?? to me, unless there is a sign that says, no children.. then everyone can go.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Personal Recommendations on family friendly restaurants?

My recommendations for family friendly restaurants would be :

Zaccios for lunch or dinner, Surfside Beach bar and restaurant, Just Grillin, and also Spagos for great pizzas and pasta for the kiddies. These are all in Holetown.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Personal Recommendations on family friendly restaurants?

If you don't mind taking the bus or a taxi to Speightstown, I'd also suggest Cassareep for lunch or the new Wave Rider for dinner. Both are casual, great food and reasonable prices.

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
375 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Personal Recommendations on family friendly restaurants?

I will second the votes for Just Grillin, Spago and Surfside Restaurant and Bar. We had great nights in those last July. Just Grillin is the least expensive of the three with Spago as the most expensive. Try the banana daquiri's! They are delish.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
377 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Personal Recommendations on family friendly restaurants?

Thanks everyone for your replies! We just had a great meal at Zacchios - our boys loved playing on the beach while the food was prepared. We had a great meal! Our holiday flat is very close to the Just Grillin' and we walked by it last night after we got our groceries from Supercentre. That is definitely on our list as prices do seems reasonable.

We will be hiring a car for a few days, so we'll take advantage of it and try the recommended restaurants all over the island.

7. Re: Any Personal Recommendations on family friendly restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 29, 2010