We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel Trekking in Jan 2013

California
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Topic
Camel Trekking in Jan 2013

I was looking into the Morocco Expert Tours for a 3-day trip to Merzouga from Marrakech on Jan. 12-14, 2013. They provide private tours only and since I'm a single traveler, I won't be able to join another group. Looking for someone or a group that may be interested during this time. My dates, unfortunately, are not flexible. Also, any reviews on MET? Thanks!

Best Moroccan Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours
Enchanted Morocco Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Camel Trek Tours Morocco
Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Morocco Top Travels
City Tours, Cultural Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
marrakech
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,750 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camel Trekking in Jan 2013

Hi,

The reviews are all here;

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293732-d2…

You type the name you are looking for into the search box at the top right of the page.

Valley Forge...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camel Trekking in Jan 2013

My wife & I were in Morocco - almost a year ago - for 10 days. Had "trip of a lifetime" and would be happy to share thoughts and experiences, for what it's worth. Erg Chebbi, Fez, Merakesh, Essouira. Mountains, desert, ocean, canyons, old cities & new. Horseback, camels, highways, walking.

By way of background, we currently live in PA (enjoying Hurricane Sandy this evening, no damage yet but winds peak in next 4-6 hours) but have lived on both coasts (Bay Area, SoCal & Seattle). Limited international travel experience, but had a fabulous trip. Best regards.

Edited: 10:05 pm, October 29, 2012
Valley Forge...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camel Trekking in Jan 2013

After submitting, realized I didn't say -- Most of our time (7 days?) were spent with MET. They took very good care of us! (Guess that's why they have a "preview" button.)

Ouarzazate, Morocco
Level Contributor
49 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camel Trekking in Jan 2013

You can also take the bus directly from Marrakech to Merzouga from where you can just get a hotel and go for your camel trekking.

you can get prices and schedules here http://www.supratours.ma/

All hotels around Erg Chebbi provide this service. Attention that some hotels on the Internet are actually not located in Merzouga village itself. So you will have to point out this when you / if you book a hotel.

The bus arrives to Merzouga in the evening so you're better out having already someone to pick you up. Cost can be for free or never more than 100 dirhams if your hotel is not in Merzouga.

I would recommend you to get a hotel out of Merzouga. Just dunes and not inside a village. Get the reviews of Auberge du Sud and also Hotel Yasmina. Their are probably the best and more responsible toward tourists you will find in the region.

good luck

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
8,784 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camel Trekking in Jan 2013

I am agree with that Yasmina is good hotel, the other I not know, but I am not agree with to say that those both hotel are probably the best and more responsible toward ...

I know many more hotels about which I can say the same!

But it was good point to mentioned that some hotels, most of the hotels can we say, are not located directly in Merzouga but around, between Hassilabaid and Merzouga. And other even before Hassilabaid as Yasmina or even maybe Auberge du Sud or after Merzouga. So right it is to ask about right location.

Edited: 3:29 pm, October 30, 2012
6. Re: Camel Trekking in Jan 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 18, 2013