We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Dining?

Which West Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
willington,ct
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Dining?

Will be coming to West Bay this Sat. Are resturants open Sunday and are adult beverages served?

JOE

NJ
Level Contributor
364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Dining?

I understand that restaurants are open but booze us no longer sold after 5pm on Sundays. Not sure if this is still true or enforced by all

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
557 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Dining?

The gov't finally squashed that ill-fated law. But I imagine it will take the bars/restaurants a few weeks to re-open on Sundays again.

NJ
Level Contributor
364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Dining?

Great news!!!

Chicago
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Dining?

They brought back booze but outlawed line-dancing.

NJ
Level Contributor
364 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Dining?

Again... Good news lol

Sudbury, Ontario
Level Contributor
783 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Dining?

That's great news Shawnda...we just returned April 7th so I'm guessing it's happened since then?

Mary Jane

"Never Sweat the Small Stuff"

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Dining?

we just came back the first week of April and there was beer, wine , booze served on Sunday's...and music at Banannarama too.

fun times on W/B ...wish I were still there....sigh.

Canada
Level Contributor
523 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Dining?

We were in West End this past month and there were no alcoholic beverages served after 5 PM at the Argentinian Grill. Sundowners also closed at 5pm on Sundays and even Woody's Grocery Store just this past Sunday reminded my husband that no beer or alcohol were for sale after 500pm.

So has it just changed back to normal in West Bay?? Obviously we didnt go to every restaurant in West End and ask if they were serving even wine with dinner..

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday Dining?

what we saw was if it was a restaurant or bar it did not serve alcohol on sunday after 5 but if it was a place with over night lodging available no matter where we where on the island they served with no interruption at all

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
5,920 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday Dining?

I'm in West End right now. All the restaurants and mini marts, except a couple which are out of sight from the main street, were closed on Sunday afternoon -- definitely by 5 pm. But they had brunches from morning till 2 or 3 pm that had endless champagne, so I imagine those folks wouldn't be interested in beer afterwards. LOL The bar near the beach had drinks until 5 pm. My one "glass" of wine was a full 12 oz., so I didn't need any more! You can purchase cold beer in cans before 5 pm and drink them in the comforts of your hotel room after 5 pm.

The "no-booze" rule was well and alive in West End as of May 4, 2014.