We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horsebackriding

British Columbia
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Horsebackriding

Hello,

Is there any horsebackriding offered anywhere close? If so, can someone speak to the way that they horses have been cared for (went for a ride in Cuba and thought that the horses may keel over at any point).

Thanks!

oshkosh
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horsebackriding

We went riding with Barrio Dorcas Ranch last year and we're planning to do it again on our trip next week. The horses seemed well cared for. It's the income for the ranch, so I assume they do the best they can. I've yet to see any animal in Roatan that was over-fed or over-cared for.Patrick was our guide and he appeared to genuinely care about the animals. We hope to have him again this year.They are just a short walk up the road out of West End.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horsebackriding

What are the prices like and how long is the ride?

oshkosh
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horsebackriding

The price is the same as last year, $40.00 pp. I think the ride lasted a couple hours. We were on the main road for awhile, thru some wooded areas and then on the beach before returning. Once on the beach we were able to do some faster riding. One more thing off my bucket list!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
11 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horsebackriding

Just replied to your bananarama ? And realized we must be kindred spirits! While down there last week we went for a ride at sunset with a local place in West End that I can't recall name. Ask at West Bay Lodge (3 minute walk) and they will tell you. Very interesting ride to see the other side of life on the island and got to ride on beach. Horses are well trained and cared for. Owner was very nice. Wear bug spray as sand flies are bad. I spent a lot of time brushing them off of horse, too. (Sprinkle - who was so sweet). Also, not for inexperienced riders as some time was spent on road with beeping cars, buses and motorcycles. It's $40pp. Need to take taxi to get there.

Edited: 10:32 am, May 15, 2014
5. Re: Horsebackriding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, May 17, 2015