We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roatan West Bay/West End Prices

San Diego...
3 posts
Save Topic
Roatan West Bay/West End Prices

Im thinking about going to Roatan this May and was just curious on to what the average costs/prices for

1. Beer and cocktails at a bar? Beer and cocktails at resort i.e. infinity bay? Buy beer/liquor at a liquor store?

2. Dinner for 2 with drinks at local restaurant? at a upscale restaurant?

3. Prices for diving and renting gear?

4. Prices for 4 hour fishing trip offshore?

We are planning on going for 7-10 nights and just trying to figure out a general idea of how much I would be spending the whole trip with eating out every meal, drinking and doing excursions. I appreciate all your help in answering these questions

willington,ct
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roatan West Bay/West End Prices

For my wife and I, I normally budget $150.00 a day.This includes lunch, adult beverages, groceries,and dinner. Depending on your taste will determine your budget.Diving I normally do 1 morning dive a day and its about $50.00 per.

JOE

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
878 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roatan West Bay/West End Prices

Up at the top right of the Roatan Travel Forum main page you will see a list of top questions, read the one titled something about Typical Costs. Lots of posts in there about prices.

I was going to say that I budget about $100 per day but I think that's too low. Joe's $150 might be closer to reality. For diving, if you can get in more than 10 total dives, the price generally drops and you should be able to come in closer to the $40 per dive. Two years ago I was in the high 30's somewhere, which included BCD and tanks.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
581 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roatan West Bay/West End Prices

IMO prices are very similar to US prices in a normal town. You can go to places and get a burger and fries for 6.99 or a fancy place for $25 dollar entrees. Compare that to a place like Cayman which is more in line with prices you would find at a major city, like New York, generally 25% higher than what I pay where I live.

IMO Roatan is very cheap relative to other destinations, except for the flight, that seems to be more expensive.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,149 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roatan West Bay/West End Prices

I generally go to R by myself and stay at a place in West End that provides free breakfast. Dinner plus lunch generally runs a total of $20-$40 for me. plus a little extra for that after-dinner cigar. (I did mention that I go alone and am thus able to smoke a cigar). Since I dive every day I can take advantage of the 10+ dive discount, which is still $30/dive including all gear. I believe that dive prices are a little more in West Bay. The dedicated dive resorts around the rest of the island usually have their meal and dive prices buried in the all-inclusive package price. I've never heard of anyone charging $50/dive. Also keep in mind that May is the low low season (as well as the best weather) so you will be assured of the best prices, and can ever bargain.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,149 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roatan West Bay/West End Prices

I generally go to R by myself and stay at a place in West End that provides free breakfast. Dinner plus lunch generally runs a total of $20-$40 for me. plus a little extra for that after-dinner cigar. (I did mention that I go alone and am thus able to smoke a cigar). Since I dive every day I can take advantage of the 10+ dive discount, which is still $30/dive including all gear. I believe that dive prices are a little more in West Bay. The dedicated dive resorts around the rest of the island usually have their meal and dive prices buried in the all-inclusive package price. I've never heard of anyone charging $50/dive. Also keep in mind that May is the low low season (as well as the best weather) so you will be assured of the best prices, and can ever bargain.

ohio
Level Contributor
195 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roatan West Bay/West End Prices

We went in July last year, and it seems like all of the beach side bars/restaurants have specials depending on the night. Some of these prices were really reasonable and the food was excellent. Check out the list of places to eat on the main page and read the responses. I find this extremely helpful before traveling.

7. Re: Roatan West Bay/West End Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 12, 2015