We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayan Princess Beach/ Las Sirenas

BRANTFORD
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mayan Princess Beach/ Las Sirenas

We are booked at the Mayan Princess arriving Nov 25/13...I was told today that we are staying over on the Las Sirenas side ....anyone stayed on that side - thoughts and comparisons between the two?? Thanks so much everyone !

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mayan Princess Beach/ Las Sirenas

I would be frustrated as well....and feel a bit duped. Apparently they did build paths connecting the two properties...so you dont have to go to the beach to go from one to the other...I think the "San Simeon Beach club" is in between the two properties, now also a part of MP. In truth, it is NOT a great distance to go from LS to MP....much shorter than any resort in Mayan Riviera or DR etc....you do get to use everything on the MP side....still, I would feel as you do. On all booking sites the room category will need to change to, it needs to be upfront . * But, if its any comfort, LS is nice, the staff there is really sweet, worse comes to worse and nothing can be done...you will still enjoy it, you wont be in the room much anyway. ( just trying to be positive... )

BRANTFORD
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mayan Princess Beach/ Las Sirenas

You're abs. right Faithie - there are actually two paths/walkways connecting the 2 resorts now --- the one was still being worked on but could be complete by now? The LS is for sure on the other side of the Beach club - but as you stated for sure - a very short walk. It is unfortunate that the situation was handled this way --- whether it be a Sunwing issue - and or hotel combo - I'm not really sure how it works - we were fortunate that I was able to make that change - we had booked in September and there was abs. no mention of the LS side at that time. For those that are booked to go - it is a WONDERFUL place and island - would go back in a second.

t D
Rochester, Minnesota
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Mayan Princess Beach/ Las Sirenas

how did you know which side you were on before your trip? I just got my confirmation and don't see a side listed anywhere.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Mayan Princess Beach/ Las Sirenas

I would email Mayan Princess directly and ask.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Mayan Princess Beach/ Las Sirenas

Hello all

We have been to Roatan twice. Once to Mayan Princess and last year to Infinity Bay.

Heading back this April. We were considering returning to the Mayan again, but after seeing all this Sunwing moving people to Las Sirenas after reservations & trips paid for I have my doubts and will probably return to Infinity Bay.

A lot of understandably upset reviewers.

Not sure what to do.....

Hartford...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Mayan Princess Beach/ Las Sirenas

Hello,

I am staying at the LS side when I go in August. I am 22 years old and going with a girl friend. Is there a lot of people around that age group? Also, I don't mind staying on the LS side as long as I would be able to get the "all-inclusive" amenities at the MP side as well? It doesn't matter where you stay, you can still eat at any of those restaurants and get drinks at any pool correct?

Thanks!

17. Re: Mayan Princess Beach/ Las Sirenas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 06, 2015