We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Bay Lodge or Bananarama for holiday honeymoon?

Fort Worth, Texas
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
West Bay Lodge or Bananarama for holiday honeymoon?

Does anyone know if West Bay Lodge or Bananarama would be a good choice for a honeymoon over the holiday season? We've looked up destinations all over the caribbean and those two are on our list of possibilities. Which bungalow would be better for privacy yet also activities nearby? Is it safe to walk from the beach back to WBL at night?

Thanks!!

21. Re: West Bay Lodge or Bananarama for holiday honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, July 04, 2013
Edited: 5:35 pm, July 04, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: West Bay Lodge or Bananarama for holiday honeymoon?

Wow - and here I thought this was an open forum to put people's first hand experiences on. I am not a disgruntled employee or a competitor. I am a person living in Canada who has been to Roatan 6 times, stayed at various different places at West Bay and can say 100% I saw the bird caged and found it disturbing. I am a huge animal advocate in all aspects of my life. I encourage your lawyer husband to contact me. Nice threat.

23. Re: West Bay Lodge or Bananarama for holiday honeymoon?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Edited: 5:35 pm, July 04, 2013
24. Re: West Bay Lodge or Bananarama for holiday honeymoon?

25. Re: West Bay Lodge or Bananarama for holiday honeymoon?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: West Bay Lodge or Bananarama for holiday honeymoon?

As an aside Lovergirlie, you may want to read the tripadvisor guidelines:

Non-threatening - TripAdvisor encourages active discussions in our forums, even those about controversial topics, but the forums can only flourish if all members feel welcome and safe. We will not tolerate:

Multiple messages targeting any member(s) for insults, attacks, or personal comments.

Challenges to another member's right to participate on our site

Allegations of fraudulent reviews or forum posts directed toward, or regarding, a specific person or property on TripAdvisor.

Sarcastic asides and snide comments

Roatan
Level Contributor
621 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: West Bay Lodge or Bananarama for holiday honeymoon?

Wow this is getting a bit unnecessarily nasty...Pennywise, I'm wondering if there wasn't a misunderstanding or miscommunication about the watusa...many of us know for certain of a baby watusa that was rescued and nursed back to health by Milos and Celeste. We saw the injured watusa and we see it all better. It could be that Celeste in fact "bought" the watusa from a local otherwise (as mentioned previously) it would have become lunch for a local. That would be a common thing to do on Roatan...for instance others I know have "bought" a dog from a local just to rescue it from neglect and abuse. In any case, I respect your right to your opinion...WBL may not be for everyone, but I really must defend the owner's when it comes to their love and desire to help neglected and abused animals because of my personal knowledge of what they have done.

Also, my son and his girlfriend had the romantic poolside dinner in March and loved it as many others I know have. To the original poster....hope you are able to sort thru this and have a wonderful Honeymoon on Roatan...no matter where you chose.

28. Re: West Bay Lodge or Bananarama for holiday honeymoon?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 06, 2014