We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would you bring back?

Quintana Roo, Mexico
Level Contributor
579 posts
48 reviews
What would you bring back?

Cuba.... rum, cigars, canvas paintings

Costa Rica.... LOTS of coffee, chocolate, hammock, wood carvings, Lizano

Mexico... Tequila, coral jewellery

Canada.... Maple syrup, smoked salmon

You get the idea...

What would you bring back from Roatan?

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
398 posts
1. Re: What would you bring back?

There is really nothing Roatan is known for in the same league as the things you mention and their relationships with the areas. There is fine Rum but it is Nicaraguan, There are some nice wood carvings but they are from the mainland and these days about 5 times the cost of what they are on the coast,there are some little artsy type places with made on Roatan things but nothing anyone would really associate with Roatan unles you told them or it was painted on them., Roatan is one of those places where the saying,or a version of, Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but memories and waste nothing but time comes to mind

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: What would you bring back?

Memories and the desire to return.

Quintana Roo, Mexico
Level Contributor
579 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: What would you bring back?

Sounds like I need to stock up memory cards for my camera. :)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: What would you bring back?

Lots of photo ops above and below the water...if you don't have an underwater camera I'd suggest getting one for Roatan. The water can be very clear here so underwater photography works out quite well.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
398 posts
5. Re: What would you bring back?

Ahhh,

Another take

Leave Nothing but bubbles, take nothing but pictures and waste nothing but time

hamilton ontario
Level Contributor
392 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: What would you bring back?

Just got back last week. Bought a book called Roatan Odyssey from Penelope's Emporium at West Bay Mall for $23, vanilla made on mainland as well as some hot sauces from the mainland (good prices at mini mart) on West Bay Beach and coffee freshly roasted and ground at Casa de Paradise right beside Henry Morgan up the little road. The beans are from their plantation on the mainland. There is also a cameo factory, one of 3 in the world, where beautiful cameo jewellry is handcrafted--stopped on a tour, watched them work--can buy some nice pieces there and they are all made in Roatan. Also visited a rumcake factory where you can get packaged rumcakes and their own special sauces, made right there, packaged up to take home with you. Since it was on a tour, I am not sure how to get there, but it was on the main road of which there is only one on the whole island. Ask when you are there and someone can give you directions. Karma Jewellry has a stand on West Bay Beach between Henry Morgan and Beachers, on some days till 1:00p.m., not sure which days, saw her twice--she makes all her own and is from the island so I am told. The rest of the stuff is touristy made wherever.

Moses Lake...
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: What would you bring back?

Well you will laugh at this one but when we come back our large bag is full of coffee, frijoies in the bag, and they have the greatest red rice, black rice and beans in packages that are awesome. And always rum. What can I say, love to eat. hahahaha

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
398 posts
8. Re: What would you bring back?

I agree very much that what Cheryl brought back are great things, None however are area specific as seemed to be the request. Heck, You can also get good Cuban Cigars or Guatemalan linens on Roatan but they are not area specific . Roatan is known for snorkeling and diving

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
70 reviews
9. Re: What would you bring back?

I brought back a few extra pounds, some sand flea bites, great Karma jewelry & a crap load of pics. :D

oaktown 510
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: What would you bring back?

nothing.

i was surprised by this.