We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest place to get beer

Murfreesboro
1 post
Save Topic
Cheapest place to get beer

We went to Mexico last year and the beer prices were really good. So, now here we are going to Roatan and want to know, what are the beer prices like? We're staying in West Bay, anyone know where the cheapest place to buy beer is? And what is the variety of beers you can find there? I also saw a post where someone mentioned getting beer by the case in bottles and the price was pretty good that way. Any thoughts??

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
West Bay Beach
West Bay Beach
2,711 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
173 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest place to get beer

In West Bay, Bananarama would sell $2 beers all day, other places $3. I remember thinking the beer prices by the case in West End grocery stores were ridiculously cheap - can't recall the exact price though. Local beers are Barena, Salva Vida, Port Royal...lots of others available too. I like light beer so stuck with Barena and Corona (with lime of course).

If you're renting a condo or house or any place with a fridge, it would be worth stocking up at the grocery store in Coxen Hole when you land.

Mentioned in this post
West Bay Beach
West Bay Beach
2,711 Reviews
Roatan, Honduras
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
903 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest place to get beer

Beer is pretty cheap in the grocery stores but if you have a car, it is certainly even cheaper to buy it by the crate from the beer depot. I believe there is one in Coxen Hole, but I don't know the location of that one. I've always bought from the one at the side of the highway, just after you pass Barefoot Cay dive resort, on the way to French Harbour. I don't remember the exact price, but it should be somewhere around $20.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
903 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest place to get beer

I just scrolled through my vacation blog from last year and found an entry that I made regarding a pit stop at the Cerveceria. It was $23 for a crate of 24 Port Royal beer, which included the return of a crate of empties.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest place to get beer

OK... that's my magic price point - good beer in a glass bottle for under $1. Now if somebody could locate the place in Coxen Hole, it would save on taxi cost...

5. Re: Cheapest place to get beer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, February 17, 2013
6. Re: Cheapest place to get beer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, January 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about West Bay