We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Logistics

Minneapolis...
5 posts
Save Topic
Snorkeling Logistics

OK, so I've gathered that snorkeling at West Bay Beach is legendary, and that I can probably rent some gear at the Raotan Marine Park Eco Store. However, I've read that the resorts have taken over the beach area and that we have to pay a fee to snorkel in front of them.

We're arriving on a cruise ship, and just want to get out to a nice spot without spending most of the morning figuring it out. So, my questions are these:

1-Should we just take a cab to the Eco Store when we step off the ship? Can we walk to the beach from there?

2-Are there open beach areas on the southern end of West Bay where we don't have to worry about snorkeling in front of the big resorts?

3-I hear that area can be pretty touristy. Are there mobs of people in the public areas?

4-Should we worry about our stuff (watches, camera, money) getting stolen while we're in the water?

Thanks for the advice!

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Snorkeling Logistics

your welcome cafelover !!

str8shootur : last I heard it was about 40 dollars per person gave you access to chair a towel and the pool

it is only 10 dollars for a chair at bananarama and its free to put your towel down on the sand anywhere on the open beach area!!

I have seen the set up to rent snorkel gear on a table right beside infinity on the beach not run by infinity its locals owned and good prices for day rentals I think I heard consistantly 5 dollars for each peice for the day but do know they will barter !!!

or the dive shop at infinity has a little shack on the opposite side of the infinity entrance on beach side as well but prices where alot more and by the hour

Minneapolis...
5 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Snorkeling Logistics

Thanks Zoey1ont!

13. Re: Snorkeling Logistics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about West Bay