We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkel rental

Which West Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
waukesha,wi
Level Contributor
462 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
snorkel rental

Staying for several days at Infinity Bay. We probably will want to snorkel maybe 3 or 4 times during our stay. We aren't really interested in buying equipment. Where could we rent some decent equip. either daily or for a block of days? What is the customary charge? Can we count on snorkels being disenfected between rentals?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: snorkel rental

I googled "snorkel rental roatan" and the first two I looked at... Anthony's and a place at Turquoise Bay - both have separate rates for mask and snorkel, fins only, or all three together... Anthony's is $5, $5, and $8.

A US Divers snorkel set, including the shorty fins on Amazon is $46.23.

amazon.com/U-S-Divers-278695-USDiversAdmiral…

a similar set in pink called the Diva is $60... women's clothes are always more for the same thing...

And perhaps the best think I bought to enjoy my time snorkeling and walking on the beach is my rashguard shirt. I think I can snorkel twice as long due to the extra comfort and warmth, combined with no worries about sunburn on my back. The water off Roatan is quite salty, resulting in floating pretty high, so even thin folks get burns on their backs and the backs of their legs. I thought rashguards were a gimmick - got one just to try it and fell in love...

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: snorkel rental

I rented fins only on West Bay Beach in March...should be doable.

waukesha,wi
Level Contributor
462 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: snorkel rental

Thank you idiotsabroad and Peaceflmeadow for your helpful repllies.

Cost was never the issue here. We just did not want to purchase the equipment at home to carry it on flights. We are only taking carryons for our stay and after seeing serious divers/snorkelers lugging equip on planes , did not want to do that. But... your info re the smaller fins and masks being pretty compact, we will check into that here at a dive shop. We don't snorkel more than 3 or 4 days out of a year...if that. So am not up on the latest equipment types.

Thanks.

14. Re: snorkel rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, June 23, 2013