We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What part of Roatan to stay???

Laguna Beach...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What part of Roatan to stay???

We are planning a trip to Roatan next year (two families with kids ages 8-13) and are wondering which area would be the best for us to start looking for a vacation house?? West End?? Sandy Bay?? What else?? Ideally we want a peaceful quiet place but within responable easy distance to some activities and restaurants.

Thanks!!

Long Island
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What part of Roatan to stay???

Thanks for all the tips. I may be heading here next Feb with two of my kids (21 and almost 16).

Roatán, Islas de la...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What part of Roatan to stay???

Look at the suggestions here, or use Honduras Concierges they might be able to help !

Minnesota
Level Contributor
369 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What part of Roatan to stay???

I noticed a place on VRBO that has a beautiful home with 4-5 bedrooms and a pool, and it rented for around $1200 a week. It was up the hill from West Bay Beach. Now, admittedly, that's a long hike up and down the hill to swim and cavort in the ocean, but it is very quiet, and you have West Bay Beach close by, plus a pool for the kids to swim in 24-7. That would be something I would advise you to look at, and we have stayed and continue to stay at IB. I just think that would be a great option for you to look into, plus much cheaper : )

14. Re: What part of Roatan to stay???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 14, 2013