We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theft of laptops

winnipeg
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Theft of laptops

I leave next week and unfortunately will have to take my laptop and attend to some business while I'm there : ( Has anyone heard of people getting their laptops stolen from there rooms at Henry Morgan? I can't lug it around with me all day and it will be too big for the safe.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theft of laptops

If you can't fit it into the safe then you should leave it at the front office....they should have a safe???? To leave a lap top in a room anywhere wouldn't be prudent...it doesn't matter if anyone has heard of laptops stolen from rooms...are you kidding me??? Don't leave anything of value out anywhere at any resort....Roatan or other!

Alberta
Level Contributor
61 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theft of laptops

Good advice Sparky. I try to be a responsible tourist and limit the amount of temptation I spread around when I travel. If you leave your expensive gadgets out where they can be stolen, and they are stolen, the blame can easily fall onto an innocent person who was not involved. Secure your valuables and save everyone from a world of hurt.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theft of laptops

...limit the amount of temptation I spread around when I travel...

What a hoot! AMEN to that!!

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theft of laptops

take along a combo lock or two and lock your valuables or items to large for the safe up in your suitcase we have had to do this many times and not a problem so far dont leave the plugs and chargers about when you are not in the room and no one is the wiser!!!

winnipeg
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Theft of laptops

Thanks, That is a great suggestion!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
357 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Theft of laptops

yes locking in your suitcase is the best idea if it doesn't fit in a safe. but of course it's still a risk. back up all your files on a external harddrive at home in case anything happens you still have your files.

7. Re: Theft of laptops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, March 09, 2013