We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Beach Club Operational?

Toronto
Level Contributor
119 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Paradise Beach Club Operational?

Hi all,

Thinking of booking a trip in January to Paradise Beach club. Appears they were shutdown for sometime for Construction and now i cant find any info if they have reopened etc.

Can you still use the henry morgan and other resorts restaurants and facilitys?

What has changed?

I tried to find the number on their website but it wasnt listed.

Thanks all

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise Beach Club Operational?

There are many asking the same q. :)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g944573-i12645-k49…

Toronto
Level Contributor
119 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise Beach Club Operational?

Can't be good...they are selling this resort on some Canadian websites but the info must be wrong .... They mention shared services with the Henry morgon but hmr resorts say they are no longer affiallted

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise Beach Club Operational?

My guess is the web sites are not completely up to date.

If ya want...give the "Roatan at Your Service" lady a ring...for a fee I bet you could ask her to trot out to get you some answers.

The thread I offered as direction contact info.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise Beach Club Operational?

We have reservations at the Paradise Beach Club, through Sunwing Vacations, for January 22 - February 13.

We have not been advised that our reservation has changed.

The Sunwing web site states the following: "Due to renovations at Paradise Beach Club Resort, the Resort will not be opened to accommodate our first arrivals on November 07th, 2011. The hotel is scheduled to be reopened on December 18, 2011. As a result, passengers currently booked at Paradise Beach Resort will be offered either Henry Morgan Hotel and Beach Resort or Media Luna Resort and Spa. Both Resorts are upgraded alternative"."

As I mentioned, we have not be contacted with any changes to our reservation so I remain hopeful.

Does this help?

Toronto
Level Contributor
119 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradise Beach Club Operational?

It does, looks like the dine around option will still be vAlid

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,645 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradise Beach Club Operational?

To be offered Media Luna if you booked Paradise Beach Club puts you in a completely different location on the island...closer to French Harbour. I would fight this one with Sunwing and demand that you be housed at one of the resorts they offer in West Bay where the Paradise Beach Club is. French Harbour is a completely different entitiy than West Bay beach...at Media Luna you are not in a location where you can just walk up the beach and go to restaurants. It is a more insular location...I wouldn't accept Media Luna as an alternative if I were you...make a stink and you'll get some action.

Stoney Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradise Beach Club Operational?

Just returned it is open and you can still dine around

Toronto
Level Contributor
119 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradise Beach Club Operational?

How was it? Improved after the reno ?

I emailed the resort and they said guests can only dine at their buffet ... Conflicting stories hmmmm

Stoney Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradise Beach Club Operational?

We were there room are all new furniture etc clean grounds still some things to work on As for dine around Some people did it The manager said we could you just need to reserve and they would give a dinner ticket We were there dec 19th to 26th

Toronto
Level Contributor
119 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradise Beach Club Operational?

Great thanks for the info