We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This is what we want. Is it possible to find?

California
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
312 reviews
Save Topic
This is what we want. Is it possible to find?

OK. We are 60 yrs young. Hub is an experienced diver. I snorkel. Looking for a quiet, clean, not too expensive, kitchen if possible, but it has to have a pool. The Princess looks beautiful but too big and do not want to deal with cruise people. Do not need entertainment (island music is always good) and do not want a lot of kids in our face. Walking distance to eats/drinks. Just want to get away, relax, dive, swim, take excursions. I think the pool is the problem but hub has to have pool. What to do?

Roatan
Level Contributor
621 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This is what we want. Is it possible to find?

Why don't you check out West Bay Lodge....just a short walk (5 min or less to West Bay Beach). It has a pool and has a nice cozy, homy atmosphere. I'm not sure if any of the bungalows have kitchens but I believe they have microwaves and perhaps small fridges. Lots of restaurant choices within walking distance. Hosts Milos and Celeste are awesome!

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
629 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This is what we want. Is it possible to find?

Cocolobo has cottages that are really cute and meet all of your requirements.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,848 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This is what we want. Is it possible to find?

We have friends with a nice condo for rent in West End - not sure if it would interest you:

roatanlifevacationrentals.com/listing.php…

California
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This is what we want. Is it possible to find?

Thanks! I did not see these places on the "hotel, etc" in Roatan; maybe I did not look carefully. We have about 12 nights avail. in February so I am re-visiting places of interest. Sort of between Mexico (not Cancun!), Honduras, and Panama. Belize is out due to lack of beach. BVI's are gorgeous, but too pricy and been there many times. We always go back to Mexico, (great food, and affordable) probably because we know it, but want to do some place different. Costa Rica was a fun trip but water quality not so good as we want this to be a dive/snorkel trip. I'll check out those places later today.

California
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This is what we want. Is it possible to find?

Hopefulist

Condo looks very nice. I will contact owner to get info. Maybe they have a one bedroom as this is two and unless very good price no need to have extra room. Thanks. BTY, Guatamala is a favorite of mine.

Michigan
Level Contributor
110 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: This is what we want. Is it possible to find?

Have you considered renting a home? Vrbo & homeaway have several Roatan rentals.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,848 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: This is what we want. Is it possible to find?

I think it's around $900/week. They just own the one and rent it out when they're not down there but the rental association might have others. Keep us posted!

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: This is what we want. Is it possible to find?

Please take the time to see vrbo #372335. New lodge located at West End (quiet area near seagrape plantation) associated with Cocolobo resort - this lodge will not diappoint and has swimming pool at COcolobo! Best of all worlds.

California
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: This is what we want. Is it possible to find?

It looks gorgeous but.......there is just two of us and that place is almost twice as big as our home. Would be great if we had others sharing.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: This is what we want. Is it possible to find?

Placencia in Belize has a great beach but you cant beat Mexico for cheap vacations.

http://tinyurl.com/3n7zcnv

Edited: 11:47 am, August 06, 2011