We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new to Roatan ?

Which West Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stoney Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Topic
new to Roatan ?

We are planning a trip to Roatan here are a few ? we like the beach and snorkel I also like calm water lol So should we do all inclusive and which one Or should we rent a beach place and eat out also what is the cost difference We have been us and British virgin islands cuba barbados etc so any help would be great thanks we will be leaving from toronto

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
259 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new to Roatan ?

Wow, here goes, all just my opinions. I think you should rent a car,get a cabana on West bay beach from foster(fostersroatan.com), eat out and at different places everyday. Bite on the beach, fosters, bananarama. lighthouse, besos, bella napoli, hole in the wall, sundowners, eagle rays, tongs. Go to cayos cochinos with xtreme charters, go fishing with earlybird fishing charters, snorkel the reef in front of Infinity bay, go to the underwater museum. Enjoy every minute and please post photos! Hows that? Big ups!

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
259 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new to Roatan ?

@ brick, thats why I went with a shotgun blast of info!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,639 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new to Roatan ?

I recommend staying in West Bay...snorkeling right off the shore, calm, beautiful beach, probably the most secure place to stay. The all inclusives are not like what you expect....food is more 3 star....I would recommend renting a unit at Infinity Bay directly through an owner (cheaper this way)..you can find owners units for rent on vrbo...we did all inclusive the first time...NO...not on Roatan...

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,639 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new to Roatan ?

ps...read reviews of specific places on tripadvisor...it depends on what your tastes are as to what you would be satisfied with regarding accomodations.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,751 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new to Roatan ?

And we like the quieter Sandy Bay with a VRBO.com rental home and having breakfast in and some snacks and drinks. Majority of lunches and dinners at the excellent restaurants around the island. Also Camp Bay or Paya Bay for the real "away from the crowd" feeling. Not knowing where you enjoy staying on Barbados or in the BVIs it's hard to say what would work for you. West Bay is without a doubt the nicest beach on Roatan which makes it the "most traveled". West Bay is the "town area" with more "action" if that is your thing. MANY options for Hotels, Condos, Homes and/or Resorts. Snorkeling is great from just about anywhere on roatan! Whether you should do all inclusive is very limited option on Roatan. MY suggestion.....mix a cocktail or grab a cold beer and sit down in front of the computer. Read through about an hour or two worth of Posts here on TA and I think you will find the spot(S) that sound like what you would enjoy!

6. Re: new to Roatan ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 28, 2012