We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy Roatan vacations?

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy Roatan vacations?

I'm looking for websites (like Apple or Vacmart) to check prices/deals to Roatan from Newark/New York. Which ones to use for booking my trip (air and hotel)? Where to look for a better deals for Roatan?

Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
280 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy Roatan vacations?

Most folks in the US book themselves. Buy your plane ticket and pick a place to sleep. The resorts will pick you up at the airport. The home/condo rental agencies like the one I use will arrange a car, pickup, maid, chef, babysitter, groceries, etc.

Roatan is not a huge tourist place so not many of the large travel agencies want to deal with the low volume.

Lots of information that can be found by searching the forum.

London
Level Contributor
120 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy Roatan vacations?

If you are looking for a deal on the accommodations. VRBO is very good. There are a lot of Infinity Bay condos on there at a much much cheaper rate than from the website. It is people who have actually bought the units.

Hope this helps

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy Roatan vacations?

Thanks for replies! What will be the best value if we're looking for good snorkeling off the beach, decent food choices(or possibility to cook ourselves and buy grosseries, we're not looking to drive and rent a car) and nice not expansive accomodayions? I was looking on Mayan Princess and Bananarama... For the first trip I think it will be better to be at the resort/hotel with nice bar because it seems we can feel isolated at condos (I may be wrong...). Please, advise. Looking to go at end of May.

Monroe, Connecticut
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy Roatan vacations?

Go to Infinity Bay. Next to Mayan Princess, but a bit more isolated and is at the best part of the beach with snorkeling right from the beach. The reef is a couple of feet from the shore. Best snorkeling I have ever done. And, as I said in my last post, you get a condo cheap through www.vrbo.com.

Can you tell I am excited about my upcoming trip? LOL!

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,155 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy Roatan vacations?

Bananarama has the Thirsty Turtle 4 steps away.

Mayan Princess has a bar and restaurant as does Infinity.

All three of the places yo are talking about are within a 5 minute walk of each other.

When I think if the accommodation on West Bay Beach the LAST thing I think is isolation.

Believe me no matter what you decide of the three you will be happy.

houston
Level Contributor
72 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy Roatan vacations?

Try covacations.com or deltavacations.com. they have good prices with airfare and hotels packaged

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy Roatan vacations?

I spent weeks trying to find a way to get to Roatan from the Baltimore/Philadelphia area. The best price and most helpful place I found was Roatan Charter.

The least expensive air fare is TACO with FREE baggage. If you do not mind 2 stops then American Airlines is slightly less.

Betsy @ Roatan Charter was very knowledgeable about the area and all of the resorts. We booked at Henry Morgan.

You can call Betsy @ 1-800-282-8932

Good Luck!

Edited: 6:28 pm, February 26, 2011
Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy Roatan vacations?

Look at www.cheapcaribbean.com you may find something on there depending on where you want to stay. I know they had 3 or 4 deals when we were looking to book.

9. Re: Where to buy Roatan vacations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 11, 2012