We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Bay Logistics

San Francisco...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
West Bay Logistics

Hi Everyone, this is my first post~

Im staying at Fosters West Bay next week with my GF.

We are planning to rent a car one of the days when the cruise ships are in port to explore the island a little bit.

Any suggestions of where we could go and get away from the crowds? Maybe a good restaurant for lunch? Peaceful scenic areas to wander around?

Thanks, Im looking forward to your response :)

nc
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Bay Logistics

We hired a guide for a day, about the same price as car rental. He took us all over the island, to a wonderful place for lunch. We were stopped twice in road blocks, so we were happy he was driving. You might want ot check on a guide instead of driving. Have fun!!

San Francisco...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: West Bay Logistics

Why were there road blocks?

watertown, Minnesota
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: West Bay Logistics

My husband and I are going to Fosters in March (sky cabana 4) and I have been researching the heck out of our trip. From what I have read, a guide is the best way to go. I think one of Fosters son's is a great guide and the cost is reasonable. Someone talks about him in one of the reviews. Please make sure to write a review when you return! Can't wait to hear what you thought.

Have a great time!!!!!!

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,406 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: West Bay Logistics

Erick or Gerrylee (two of Foster's son's) either one would be more than happy to give you a tour of the island by car.

or/and

Gerrylee or Ray would be delighted to take ya out in one of their boats as well. The trip to Cayos Cochinos is a favorite. http://xtremechartersroatan.com/

Enjoy your stay!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: West Bay Logistics

garylee, fosters son drove us around and knows the place cold. had great shrimp and fish at punta gorda. he is a great guy.

6. Re: West Bay Logistics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, January 20, 2012
Get answers to your questions about West Bay