We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa and Sports

Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spa and Sports

My husband and I are going to be staying at Bananarama for a week in January. We had visited West Bay on a couple of cruises and fell in love with the beaches. We are so excited about our upcoming trip, but do have a couple of questions. I am wanted to visit a spa for the day. The Spa Baan Suerte looks beautiful. Is this a good choice does anyone have any advice on the best spa in the area? Also, our vacation will be around the time of the NFL playoffs. My husband was wanting to know if Bananarama had a place to watch the game, or if there was some place close to watch. Sunday will be a big day for football, but also an exciting entertainment day at Bananarama. So we don't want to have to go too far.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
878 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa and Sports

Not sure about West Bay, but there werre quite a few superbowl parties going on in West End last year. For sure, Sundowners will have it on.

Sante Wellness Center is another highly rated spa although I thought it was a bit on the pricey side.

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa and Sports

there is tvs playing in the thirsty turtle bar but if this is a special event it is quite possible that the owners Guy and Phil ( and the gang) will have it playing on the screen on the beach or a large tv in a spot somewhere

you could also walk down to infinity bay they have tvs playing at the palapa bar while they are open

there is a day spa close to bananarama actually two minute walk( okay maybe 5) it is called serenity spa owned by celeste and milos of west bay lodge there is great reviews on the trip advisor site.... but I personally have been to the spa and it is fantastic and very reasonable in my opinion lots of treatments and a beautifully built place

spa baan suerte has great reveiws as well I have not been but sometime when I return to roatan I will make the trip

from bananrama that would be a taxi ride and I think you need to spend the better part of a day to really take the place in... according to friends that have been it is a really nice day trip

Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa and Sports

Thank you so much for the information. It will be very helpful. My husband will be thrilled to have the beach, bikinis, and a big screen all in the same place. HA! It looks like there will be some cruise ships on a few of the days we are there. I am thinking about doing the dolphin encounter and Anthony's Key. Have you done this? I am wondering if the spa and the dolphin encounter would be busier when cruise ships are in port.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
116 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spa and Sports

Visiting a spa on a cruise port day would make lots of sense - you have the peace and relaxation of the spa and avoid what will certainly be crowded beaches. Serenity Day Spa is the closest to you - your hubby can hang on the beach if he likes and you can walk to the spa (it's literally 2 minutes from Bananarama). Then, have your hubby meet you at Celeste's Island Cuisine (right next door to the spa) for either late lunch or early dinner. Celeste's is known for their gourmet baleadas (my favorite is lobster) but the quesadillas and fajitas are fantastic as well.....

You'll definitely find SuperBowl parties up and down WBB (West Bay Beach) - the hard part will be deciding where to hang out!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spa and Sports

I highly recommend the Dolphin Encounter at Anthony's Key. Lots of interaction when you are snorkleing with them.

There will be no shortage of TV's to watch the Super Bowl on either at West Bay or West End.

6. Re: Spa and Sports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 11, 2011