We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations

Which West Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations

We will be at Banarama next week and would like to know which Restaurants within walking distance are your favorites for lunch and dinner.

La Habra, California
Level Contributor
258 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Hello, I would recommend bite on the beach, fosters west bay, tongs in west end, bella napoli on main rd. outside sandy bay, the view past french harbor. I know a few of those are outside walking distance, but are worth the drive. I Really recommend Bite on the beach's table out over the water (amazing). Also, I think its thrusday nite at fosters west bay lobster dinner for like $20, wonderful hosts! Hope you have a truly magical experience. Big ups!

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

You may want to use the search feature on this site as this is one of the more popular topics and you will find many posts such as these

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Besos a new place, best water front restaurant on roatan.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
285 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Discovered Rendezvous Sushi on my last trip there and it fits the requirement of walking distance from Bananarama. Walk up to the main road and turn right, it'll be on the left side past Celeste's/West Bay Lodge. May want to make reservations as it's a small place, but worth it.

A big fan of Celeste's as well for balaledas.

Edited: 12:12 pm, December 08, 2010
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

do try the search - lots of folks like to talk about eating in Roatan ;-)

Also check the restaurant reviews - also helpful

Just to be clear, of the mentioned ones so far

in West Bay, walking distance from Bananarama:

Bite on the Beach

Fosters West Bay (lobster special night - is it Tuesday or Thursday?)

Redezvous Sushi

Celeste's -there are cheaper places to get baleadas, a classic Roatan lunch dish, but Celeste's is a dependable favorite in West Bay. Lots of parrots and other animals hanging out.

and I'd add

Island Beach Club - quirky... you can't miss it, with the mattress loungers out on the beach... we had fun there last Feb. and were surprised by the quality of the food

Vintage Pearl - for fancy and good and pricey by Roatan standards but very reasonable by US prices... we did our Valentine's Day dinner there

Thirsty Turtle - right at Bananarama, turned out to be our favorite lunch spot... the daily specials and the lively location proved to be great fun except when the cruise ships were in

In West End... not walking distance, but you'll want to go there anyway to check it out and you can do the water taxi right from the beach to beach, making it easy to do a West End visit and lunch... or go by water taxi for dinner and return by regular taxi.

Besos - getting lots of raves

Tongs - Thai, good reviews (never opened the entire time we were there... word was the family had gone somewhere to do something... no sign on the door or anything... we're planning to try it this year

We'd add the food stand just to the west of the church right on the main drag... suprisingly good lunch food, really cheap

and we enjoyed snorkeling in Half Moon Bay from the little dock at Half Moon Bay Cabins pretty much every day for a week. Grab your snorkel gear, take the water taxi to West End, walk along the shops and around Half Moon Bay... snorkel, have a couple beers and sandwiches at the bar/restaurant while enjoying their beach chairs... nice spot. Again, avoid cruise ship days and you'll find few folks there...

Edited: 12:35 pm, December 08, 2010
6. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, June 07, 2011