We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day pass to a West Bay Hotel

California
1 post
Save Topic
Day pass to a West Bay Hotel

Hi,

We are leaving in just a couple of days on a cruise that includes a day at Roatan. I am trying to put together a nice day of activities at each port of call to avoid the ship's excursion costs. Also we are not as active as we used to be :( due to age. Ugh.

So, I have searched and searched for the info I want in regards to a days stay in Roatan. This is what we would like to do. 1. Go on an informative tour 2. Spend that afternoon at one of the spectacular beaches I have read about which appear to be the West Bay Area. Most importantly,we are willing to to pay for a day type pass at a hotel if it includes a nice beach with beach chair, umbrella and the ability to order food and drinks or a place in the hotel where we can find these two things and then eat at our little set-up at the beach. Is this possible? Are the bugs that I am reading about so bad that you would not want to eat outside? And finally I really need to start packing for this trip and quit my compulsive "researching." so I will just ask, were the bug repellents broken down to like a top five list? Or maybe no bugs in late October?? Thanks for your help. I will get moving here and hope for some replies! Maggie

Edited: 4:10 pm, October 20, 2010
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,152 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day pass to a West Bay Hotel

Places like Fosters, Bananarama (not sure about Henry Morgan) offer a day pass to use their propery and a few drinks but not an open bar

Just google them

2. Re: Day pass to a West Bay Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 19, 2011