We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food prices, beer prices, etc...

Which West Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
199 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
food prices, beer prices, etc...

we're renting a condo in west bay and will be buying groceries as well as eating out. Just curious how much a case of Port Royal beer is and how many in a case? How much are the American beers (Budweiser)? Any other food price info would be great! :-)

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: food prices, beer prices, etc...

This is from a search of the forums, Hopefully it helps

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g292019-i4482-k340…

There are also previous posts on food and dining costs that are all quite recent

Edited: 7:23 pm, July 12, 2010
Roatan
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: food prices, beer prices, etc...

In West Bay you will find the prices for everything quite high compared to heading to Coxen Hole (Plaza Mar) and/or further east to French Harbor (Elden's.)

I live closer to Plaza Mar and do my weekly shopping there. When I want a bigger variety and more North American style options I make a trip out to French Harbour.

As for beers; local is by far the best price and if you buy a real case (not screw top bottles) the bottles are returnable and even cheaper. You will have to pay for the case and beer, the first go around approximately $25 for 24. But that includes the refund.

Once you're here just ask for directions to a deposito. There are a few, a couple of them are near the airport, as is Plaza Mar.

3. Re: food prices, beer prices, etc...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:48 am, January 09, 2011