We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions??

California
1 post
Save Topic
Suggestions??

My husband & I are planning a last min getaway to Roatan 2/25-3/10 and need advice on what areas to stay in & some hotels or vacation rental recommendations for the recommended areas. We would like to split our time between 2 locations. We love the look of the beach at West Bay but are concerned that it may be a bit too busy for us... is there a place at the far end of the beach that isn't as busy? Essentially, we want to be on or very close to a nice, quiet beach for swimming & snorkeling with kayaking, hiking, diving, & tennis nearby ideally. We'd like to find a nice, clean ~3 star place with a kitchenette and a small private outdoor area for ~$75-$100/nt.. We're running out of time and may have trouble finding vacancies so several lodging suggestions would be appreciated. We plan to rent a 4x4 for at least part of the time and would love to get some recommendations for exploring too.

California
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Suggestions??

I just posted this as a new post but since I have experts blueh & idiots (before you leave) attention on this strand...

We are planning to spend 6 nights in West Bay (2 at Infinity Bay & 4 at Bananarama), then 3 nights on the mainland, then would like to spend our last 4 nights on the eastern end of the island. We'll have a car and want to explore the Camp Bay & Oakridge areas and the east end in general. We have found lodging options in Calabash Bight, Milton Bight & Politilly Bight. Which would be best for exploring that end but still have a nice place to hang out at on the ocean. We'd like to kayak & snorkel and love nice sandy beaches to swim in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated... we leave in 10 days! Thank you!

P.S. how do i change my handle or find "ladybugCA" again... I don't like jobbs (our last name is Jobson) which is what comes up when I sign in w/my email & password... I prefer the other since right now our 40ac in Sutter Creek is inundated with them. Safe travels idiotsabroad...

22. Re: Suggestions??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about West Bay