We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental transportation

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
rental transportation

planning to rent a vehicle jeep and /or scooter to explore the island (have searched site but not getting consistent info from searching links wondering if shops closed or still exist ) west bay area would be the most convenient for the vehicle drop off and pick up .......anyone comment on RECENT experience with any rental business's in this area or nearby walk ?? from island pearl area (many years of on and off road 4 and 2 wheel driving)

Roatan
Level Contributor
621 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental transportation

We use Carribean Rent A Car...contact Joseph Jackson. We use them exclusively. In fact we have their rental vehicle right now as we needed a larger vehicle than our little 2 passenger for company. They delivered to our house in West Bay. That is part of the service they offer. Google them for contact information. Joseph speaks perfect English, and is a very nice man.

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: rental transportation

I believe Capt Van rents scooters and maybe motorcycles in West Bay and from what I have heard he keeps them up very well, for a car your best bet is probably the airport. Along with the previously mentioned there is AVIS who I have always been pleased with and some others.

Be very careful if you rent any vehicle but especially on 2 wheels. I too have tens of thousands of miles on two wheels but i will not have a motorcycle on roatan unless i someday get one for bipping around our property. Doesn't matter how safe or experienced you are when it is the other guys fault. There is no driving school or test, pretty much no enforcement of any traffic rules, and perhaps more important, nothing in the lines of emergency care as you would think of it if something were to happen.

ont
Level Contributor
424 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rental transportation

thanks for the concern BHG you are right on the money driving 2 wheels has changed mostlly due to the avoidance of others around you

plan ahead,,,,,,, plan ahead ,,,,,,, oh ya and having eyes in the back of your head is a must (guess that also pertains to 4 wheels also) want to try it for day anyway and if it s too much stress

then there will be a cabbie that will soon become my friend we want to see the areas of oakridge sandy and flowers bay just to name a few

thanks Jimm1 for your referral to carribean

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
116 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rental transportation

Best Rental will deliver to your hotel in West Bay or you can pick-up from the airport. Their rates are good and their cars are in good shape - they provide great customer service. We're renting an X-Terra SUV from them right now until my husband's car is delivered from the mainland.

This is our second rental from Best and would recommend them anytime.

5. Re: rental transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 15, 2010