We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calheta Beach Hotel - apartment or suite?

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Calheta Beach Hotel - apartment or suite?

Hi,

We (family of 3) will be going to Madeira in Dec. I already know that Calheta Beach is a very nice hotel and all the rooms with the sea view are good.

However, what is the difference between the apartment and junior suite?

I already know that the apartment has a kitchenette and the suit 2 bathrooms, however that doesn't explain why the suit is significantly more expensive. On the other hand an apartment is just about the same price as a double room...(?)

Also, (just being curious) does anyone know anything about the mysterious master suite in there?

Many thanks

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
9,386 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calheta Beach Hotel - apartment or suite?

If you look at the website www.hotelcalhetabeach.com and click on 'rooms and suites on the top bar, there is a photo gallery which shows all room types- I think the furnishing style and quality may be the deciding factor over price, together with space. If you rin or email with your questions, they will perhaps go into more detail for you. Calheta is a nice village but about 25-30minutes from Funchal and will possibly be quiet in December, so you will have to travel to see the major display of Christmas lights etc, but I am sure you will enjoy Madeira.

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calheta Beach Hotel - apartment or suite?

Thanks for that.

I have looked at the website, but there is no way to tell which picture is of a suite and which of an apartment.

Also, I have emailed the hotel asking what is the difference, but they send me descriptions identical with the website's (kitchenette / 2 bathrooms), which is not very helpful.

Perhaps someone stayed in an apartment and is able to comment regarding the size / furnishing etc?

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calheta Beach Hotel - apartment or suite?

I think the explanation why suites cost more than the apartments is that suites have sea view and the apartments are in a separate building behind the hotel without much of a view. That's what I conclude from reading the 56 reviews, English and German.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
9,386 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calheta Beach Hotel - apartment or suite?

The apartments are housed in a separate building across the road from the main hotel, above the supermarket. Although some may have a seaview, most will be obscurred by the main hotel which is between the apartment block and the beach.

5. Re: Calheta Beach Hotel - apartment or suite?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 06, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Estreito da Calheta
More Estreito da Calheta Topics