We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are u prepared ?

Fort Saint John...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Are u prepared ?

If you are going to stay at a rental make sure you take at least 1 or 2 meals along with you - when u get off the ferry @5pm - you may not get to a groc store or restaurant that night. Also expect that groceries are going to be pricey. 2lt jug of milk is $7.00, most things were on average 10-15% higher than in northern bc. Canned soup was 2.89 per can. 10lb bag of potatoes -17.00$.

5 replies to this topic
Alberta
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are u prepared ?

I am flying on Aeroplan points to Haida Gwaii on September 2 this year, and staying there four weeks, until October 1.

September accommodation

I have hosted Irish_Hospitality in Ireland, Vancouver and in the Rockies, Alberta. Now, I am looking myself for a 'homestay', a B 'n B, or a cheap place to stay or share with a like minded person for the four weeks in September when I am in Haida Gwaii. Visiting Gaida Gwaii has been on my bucket list for years and now, at 74, and as 'fit as a fiddle', I am jumping on this wonderful opportunity, and privilege, to walk mindfully around a special place. I plan to slow down, hike, perhaps camp, around the island and meet residents and other folks visiting the islands.

A little more about me

During the years I have been fortunate to have visited Japan, Nepal and several places in Europe. These trips have provided me with rich and rewarding life experiences. When I am not travelling I am an ESL and Yoga teacher. During the past few years I have been writing my memoirs, a combo of short 'flash' stories on how and why this Irish Canadian gal will "never ever give up"!

Feedback please from you?

Maybe you have or know someone who could 'put me up' when I am visiting Haida Gwaii? Also, is there anyone out there who would like to 'journey' with me for a day or two during the month of September? I am open to suggestions and ideas! If you wish to contact me my e-mail is dyane.lynch@gmail.com Text: 604 222 8831

calgary
Level Contributor
4,500 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are u prepared ?

Irish you have regurgitated a three year old post to ask your question. You really need to start your own thread.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,020 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are u prepared ?

Irish;

You have NOT sent a PRIVATE email to TA staff, but have posted on a PUBLIC forum where ANYONE around the world can view it.

NEVER post your email address, or other private information, on the internet. I would STRONGLY suggest that you delete your own post immediately ! Posting your email address on the internet can result in it being harvested, used and abused by every spammer, scammer, troll, scumbag and moronic time waster.

You can delete your own post by clicking on the "Report inappropriate content" button within the post you wish to delete and then select "Remove my post" from the pull down menu.

Best Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,192 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are u prepared ?

Diane ~

This is an open forum, able to be read by anyone in the world who can get to this forum. And you have included your real name and email along with your (Vancouver) not Alberta phone number. The forums are where other members contact you by posting replies. Or through the Private Message system.

I'm not sure whom you think you have contacted. Maybe Haida Gwaii tourism?

Find the Ask a question button. On a computer it is found lower down the page under the reply box. Set up a thread of your own, keep it message only without your contact details.

As well, on a computer, you can use the tabs at the top of the page. There is one for Hotels. I'll link it here:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g941437-Ma…

And for B&Bs. Link is here: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g941437-Ma…

Check them out and contact the accommodation you are interested in staying at.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,043 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are u prepared ?

irish.....for your own protection, please go to the "Report inappropriate content" tab and click on "remove my post" to remove your contact information.

You have posted on a VERY public Forum and could be bombarded by spam.

The repost your question without your contact info.

Reply to: Are u prepared ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Masset