We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praise for Bek Travel in western mongolia

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Praise for Bek Travel in western mongolia

I wanted to make this post to help any other fellow travelers who might find themselves in the same situation as me. Mongolia is an amazing country that I highly suggest visiting, but sometimes being a tourist can be a bit hard because of the limited infrastructure... but that also makes for more of an adventure too :)

My boyfriend and I recently traveled to western mongolia, namely Ulgii, in October for the Golden Eagle Festival. When researching for this trip I found it a bit hard to find much information online. Even the LP didn't provide too much help... namely it was hard to find a recommended tour operator that offered fair prices. Thankfully I found a recommendation for Bek Travel on the websitehttp://www.mongolia-travel-advice.com/western-mongolia.html also a very helpful resource for the region in general

Bek Travel is run by a man named Bek and it is a family run operation. I have nothing but praise for our entire experience and trip with them.

Firstly, Bek offered to drive our party from UB to Ulgii for the festival when all the flights were booked solid because of the eagle festival. This meant we got to avoid the terrible 50hr bus ride which was the only other option to get to Ulgii. This also meant we spent 2.5 days with Bek in a car, so we had a chance to get to know the man. He is welcoming, very knowledgeable and passionate about bayan-ulgii and always considerate of our needs.

Next, we stayed in Bek's Ger Camp outside of Ulgii during the eagle festival for four nights. We got our own private ger, access to a kitchen and western style toilets (a luxury in that area). During the winter the outdoor showers aren't so nice, but instead Bek organized for us an evening at the bath house in town, so cool! We were tended to by the couple Aika and Bellau that run the ger camp, and although they don't speak much English, they were incredible hosts. I won't forget their kindness. Also during our stay, Bek's staff drove us into town and two and from the festival, whenever we needed. Unreal service. Bek even accompanied us into town on one occassion to help us book our flight back to UB, which we would not have been able to do ourselves because of the language barrier with the staff at the office.

After the eagle festival, we did a 8 day tour of western mongolia with Bek Travel. Our tour guide and driver was Japar. Japar spoke English very well and was a laid back guide who had a great relationship with all the local families we visited and stayed with. Even when a part of our tour itinerary had to change because of snow (!!) And othere factors, Japar worked very hard to ensure we got to see and do everything we wanted. We had an amazing tour and some of the best travel experiences of my life.

After the tour was finished, Bek let us stay an extra night in his ger camp and drove us to the airport the next morning at no extra cost.

My boyfriend and I are in our twenties and are on a tight backpackers budget, but this was affordable to us, especially since many other tours we looked at in the area were not!

If you're thinking of visiting western mongolia and doing tours in the

Seattle, Washington
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Praise for Bek Travel in western mongolia

I met these two Canucks at Bek's ger camp and second what they have to say. My girlfriend and I came out before the eagle festival and wanted to arrange a last-minute tour. Bek responded immediately when I contacted him and had the whole thing ready in a day. After having a great time meeting great people on the tour (highlights: sheep's head feast, horseback whip fights, endless Kazakh cards, training an eagle, baseball with the eagle hunter family) we came back to Olgiy for the festival. Bek let us stay in his ger camp free of charge, and his brother Haika drove us around to wherever we needed to go. We then decided to stay in Olgiy for a while and buy motorbikes. Bek and Haika helped set that up, and went with us to the Mongolian licensing office several times. We ended up staying in Olgiy for quite some time, and everyone in Bek Travel really stepped up whenever we needed help, above and beyond what could be expected. Balau and Aika let us sleep in their house and helped fix and pack our bikes, Haika was always ready to come help us out, and when my girlfriend decided to stay in Olgii longer to make a line of clothes Haika helped arrange introductions and supplies, and Aika worked with her on designs and embroidery. We made great friends, and can never repay them enough for their hospitality.

2. Re: Praise for Bek Travel in western mongolia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:12 am, November 28, 2016
Belgium
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Praise for Bek Travel in western mongolia

Last june we went with a little group of four to Western Mongolie. As one of the previous writers mentioned, it was not so easy to find a reliable touroperator in Western Mongolie;

Finally we decided to book a 10 days tour in Bayan Olgii with Bek Travel.

We had a lovely time and everyone involved was taking care of us very well!!

Bek himself, his family in Olgii before and after our trip , and then the driver and guide Jupar, the cook Balapan. They were amazing…how they took care of us so well!!We had a lovely stay with families around Khoton and khurgon Nuur. Jupar really knows everyone and was welcome everywhere!

If I would return to Western Mongolia one day I wouldn’t hesitate to choose again for the good service of Bek travel and I can only recommend him to those making arrangements to travel to Bayan Olgii in the near future!!

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Praise for Bek Travel in western mongolia

My wife and I made the trip out for this year's Eagle Festival, and stayed with his family near the Altay Mountains. We had the time of our lives! He was very accommodating and ensured that we had everything we needed and any problems were promptly taken care of. His staff and his friends and family were just the best, and treated us like part of their family. We met other travelers from Canada, Greece, and the Netherlands, and it was just wonderful!

I can't recommend Bek Travel highly enough. It's truly a once-in-a-lifetime event, and he makes it happen!

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
1 post
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Praise for Bek Travel in western mongolia

Back-to-Bek or simply Bek Travel

We (2 persons) booked with Bek Travel to attend Eagle Festival. Bek made our experience an absolute memorable one. We found his package complete and within our budget.

Almost 10 days at West Mongolia we enjoyed all Bek's tour schedule and services which were provided fluently over and above the promised schedule.

Due to Visa delay problems we had to postponed domestic flights and Bek did his best to assist so we lost no flight and we arrived on time.

During the tour days Bek and his people were always around us proactively taking care of whatever may come out from 10 people unknown to each other.

Hospitality, daily care, food, transportation, safety were perfect in respect to the area and conditions we choose to visit.

Bek personally overseeing every activity was always up to anyone needs. Good command of English as well his international mentality made easy for him and his people to melt with a group of foreigners. There were no pre tendencies or etiquettes and warm feelings developed between group members.

Either at Eagle Festival site, or with nomad families, or at Ulaanbaatar or Olgii everything was settled to serve our tour.

Though there are many operators from abroad offering tours in the area and for the event , choosing local operator is preferable. International operators just subcontract the tour to locals and result is not always guaranteed. Not to say that most of the money stay abroad so for local operators is difficult to introduce improvements.

We both were very happy and satisfied from Bek tour and we do think the other members of the group were satisfied as well.

We do believe that a big part of our satisfaction out of this experience we ought to Bek and his people, the second to luck to be with interesting people.

Next year we plan a second visit and we will let Bek again to fix everything.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Praise for Bek Travel in western mongolia

Bek is unbelievable. He is pure magic in Mongolia! Anything you can dream he can make happen! I have never experienced such an accommodating host! Bek provided me with one of my greatest adventure to date and I've been to all 7 continents! He set up a horseback riding trip with Golden Eagle hunters. We rode over 150 on incredible terrain and scenery and were pampered every step of the way! We were watched with an eagle eye with our safety on horseback being priority.

We were treated like royalty in each home and yurt we stayed in.

Bek was there every step of the way. He worked around the clock to make sure every request was filled!

I wish Bek had adventure travel companies all over the

world as I would go to them all!

Bek is one of the most hard working individuals I have ever meet. I can't thank him enough for one of the greatest adventures of my life!!

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Praise for Bek Travel in western mongolia

I highly recommend Bek of Bek Travels if you have any plans for traveling to Mongolia. I've now worked with Bek on four expeditions to western Mongolia and have been extremely pleased with his services. Besides being very well organized, speaking perfect English and having the ability to juggle many balls, he's a lot of fun to travel with and is full of good ideas and suggestions. On my most recent trip I brought my 75-year-old mother along, and she also had a wonderful time. Bek, his staff and the family we stayed with went above and beyond to make sure my mother was safe, comfortable and well cared for.

We attended the Golden Eagle Festival in Bayan-Olgii and Bek Travels made our whole experience comfortable and enjoyable. They have gets set up for us at the festival, so we can relax, get out of the wind and have a delicious lunch of home-made traditional Kazakh food. I had wanted to accompany the eagle hunters on their horseback ride from the mountain village to the festival grounds at Bayan-Olgii, and Bek had everything organized for us when we arrived. My friend and I rode alongside the hunters for three days, and we had guides to help us at every step along the way. We stayed in gers at night, and during the day my mother and another friend were driven by vehicle while we went horseback. It was an amazing adventure and we couldn't have asked for anything more.

Bek excels at putting together custom tours; he's creative and well-connected so if you want to do something or you have any special project, Bek will find a way to make it happen. I recommend him highly and will be contacting Bek Travels for any future excursions to Mongolia, a fascinating and beautiful country.

Churubusco
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Praise for Bek Travel in western mongolia

My husband and I recently returned from a magnificent visit to Mongolia with 3 tours exclusively arranged by Bek Travel. We found Aynabek to be a very capable tour agent. His attention to detail is commendable.

The first tour he arranged for us was a ten day trip to visit the reindeer herders in northern Mongolia. Our guide spoke excellent English and our driver was an excellent driver, and, being Tsaatan himself, knew the remote area well. We even spent one night each way at his home in the village along with his wife and twin boys. Our cook was also amazing, so hard working. She made us dumplings from scratch in a teepee at the reindeer herders out in the middle of nowhere. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable, considerate, and interesting.

The second tour Aynabek organized was hunting with eagles in Bayan - Olgii. By now, from feedback from our previous guide, he had a feel for what we wanted and could handle. He met us at the airport and asked us directly and picked the perfect eagle hunter for us. The first day hunting we rode on horses for 4 1/2 hours,but did not see a single fox. That night our hunter got on the phone and the next day we got to tag along with five eagle hunters, and, of course, their eagles. We rode further - 7 wonderful hours. We had a successful hunt with our host's eagle getting the fox! What an incredible experience. Aynabek even arranged camel rides and a throat singer. And again, our guide /driver spoke excellent English, and despite not feeling 100% with a cold, was extremely professional and handled himself well. The cook was excellent and personable.

Our third tour was to see the Przewalski horses at Khustain National Park and a camel ride at the Mongol Els sand dunes. Again, a complete success. The guide picked us up at the airport and made sure we arrived at the park just before dusk, the perfect time for the animals to be moving. Not only did we see and photograph dozens of the horses (quite closely), but also several maral stag (elk), a bonus! The next day he managed to find the nicest man to take us on a ride through the dunes on his camels. We even had lunch in his ger. Wonderful family - superb time.

We love Mongolia - the people are so hospitable. And you can't go wrong with Bek Travel. Do your own research. Know what you are signing up for. Don't blame the agents and/or guides for things beyond their control. Every effort was made by all to ensure we had an amazing time. Tourism done right.

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Praise for Bek Travel in western mongolia

My wife and I traveled to Mongolia for 2 weeks in August-September 2016. We decided it was necessary to see how nomadic Mongolians live and experience something we never have before. After researching tour operators in Western Mongolia, we found that Bek was the only one that could meet our custom travel date requests and itinerary we wished to go on. Everything was communicated effectively from the money deposit (via Western Union) to Bek reserving the regional flight.

The trip itself was amazing. Although there is nothing glorious about the roads in western Mongolia, the people we met, specifically because we booked with Bek, will never be forgotten. We stayed with two different families (one of them being the eagle hunters family). We rode horses, hiked, and fished during our trip. Our driver/guide was a english major in college and spoke english well. Our cook was amazing. We weren't entirely sure what we signed up for when it came to eating but our cook accommodated to any small requests we had.

If visiting western Mongolian, I would highly recommend Bek and his crew!

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Praise for Bek Travel in western mongolia

I visited Mongolia with a group of friends that have previously travelled with Bek Travels the year before. Bek Travel came highly recommended and is owned by a man named Bek. Our goal was to have an experience the journey that traditional eagle hunters take to get to the eagle festival and to experience the eagle festival

This travel agency is a family business and they were very hospitable. Even when I felt a little homesick...they made me french fries! But the best part is how Bek was able to let me experience the culture, everyday family life, and the support and information about Mongolia