We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aleca Villa, Dassia

Which Dassia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Great Missenden...
6 posts
Save Topic
Aleca Villa, Dassia

We are looking at the Aleca Villa in Dassia, it's set a little in the hills, and we are trying to work out if it is within walking distance of the main resort? Anyone any experience of this please?

Also would be going to Dassia end Sept/beginning October - is the weather still OK?

Thanks

Runcorn
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aleca Villa, Dassia

Julie

We haven't been to Aleca Villa before but we have booked it for June next year. This is where Google Earth comes in useful! I found the villa on GE and as the crow flies it is about 400 yards from the beach, maybe 600 using the roads if you can't fly! It is at an elevation of 42metres (about 130 feet) so it's not a particularly steep hill , one in ten over the whole distance so I would imagine a 10 minute walk to the beach, a bit less to the town itself so seems well within striking distance.

If you do book it I look forwrd to your review as the only ones I have seen are those on the Olympic website which don't actually say much!

Hope this helps.

Dave R.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aleca Villa, Dassia

Hello!

We have stayed at the Aleca twice and the bigger Odyssey next door once.

You will love it!! It is about a 5 minute downhill walk to the main road through Dassia (id say at least 10 mins back up the hill)

At the bottom is the most gorgeous restaurant La Casa. We ended up eating there most nights (on the others we drove into Corfu Town for a stroll around and dinner)

The villa is so private you feel like you are in the middle of knowhere, yet only 5 mins away from nearest restaurant / bar / shop.

We had 3 very good holidays there and I wish we could go back soon. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info.

Have a great time!!

Great Missenden...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aleca Villa, Dassia

Thanks very much for the info but sadly we have limited date options and when we came to book the villa it was not available. Maybe next year!

Runcorn
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aleca Villa, Dassia

Thira

I dare say we will find out in due course but I'm interested to find out what the arrangements are for keys etc. We have never had a Villa in Greece before but we have had three in Gozo although it was a few years ago now. We went with Cosmos on those occasions and the holiday included a transfer by helicopter from Malta and then a taxi to the Villa and it was the taxi driver who gave us the keys to the Villa and the car that came with it. He (or they.... it wasn't the same one every time!) also showed us around the villa.

This time we will be picking the car up from the airport and making our own way to Dassia. Will we get the keys off the rep at the airport or are they left somewhere for us to pick up? What were the arrangements when you stayed there?

Thanks in anticipation.

Dave R

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,164 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aleca Villa, Dassia

Hi

Yes, you should get keys in your welcome envelope off rep at airport. With a map, but apart from turning off the main road to the villa quite straightforward. Look out for a cluster of shop bar and La Casa taverna on left, turn left road immediately after beach shop ( inflatable crocodiles etc) follow toad up hill bearing left you'll see a cluster of 4 villas. Aleca's car port is last on left.

Enjoy! It's a fab little villa.

Runcorn
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aleca Villa, Dassia

Thanks,

I've already found the Villas on Google Earth and with your information it should be easy enough to find. Thanks again!

7. Re: Aleca Villa, Dassia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Dassia
Recent Conversations