We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Olot for two nights during August

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Olot for two nights during August

We are couple with 4 years old daughter and we will visit Olot during the last week of August.

Any recommendation for short route (by car and not by a lot of walking) inside the city in order to see the volcano park attraction?

Any recommended hotel with nice view of the volcano park?

5 replies to this topic
barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Olot for two nights during August

hi,

inside the city it's better wallking ...from the "firal" one of the mains streets of Olot is easy to reach the summun of Montsacopa.

with car, you can park near the "la fageda d'en jorda" (available routes with carriage inside the wood) and then visit Croscat and Santa MArgarida...Croscat is availabe with a "fake" train..santa margarita is available walking...

I suggested also visit Santa Pau (veru close to Croscat and Santa MArgarida)

Also in Olot, it's very nice the Museu dels Sants (made saints figures is a local industry)

do you know this web?

http://www.turismegarrotxa.com/

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Olot for two nights during August

Thanks for site link.

Do you have link to 'fake' train?

Do you have address of parking "la fageda d'en jorda", you mentioned (for the GPS)?

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Olot for two nights during August

hi,

here a link:

www.i-santapau.com/portal.aspx…

"la fageda d'en jordà" is a famous wood in the area...there are a parking near it in an area named "can serra" about 4km from olot in the road to santa pau...here another link:

en.costabrava.org/suggestions/detail.aspx…

Tel Aviv, Israel
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Olot for two nights during August

Thanks a lot!!

Great links - my daughter will like the train.

Any recommendation regarding where to stay the night?

Are there hotels\hostels with view for the volcano attractions?

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Olot for two nights during August

hi,

sorry, but i can't help you about hotels because when I have been in the area I usually stay in a relative's home...

on the web "turismegarrotxa" you can find some options....yet, some years ago I 'd stayed a few days in "la perla" apartments and I thinks they are ok: infront of the apartments there are a supermarket, there are a cute park (with geese :-) named the "park nou" with a little museum of the volcanoes and it's a walking distance from the center of Olot:

http://www.laperlahotels.com/eng/

also for children : there are walks with donkeys in the area: http://www.rucsisomeres.cat/en/index.html

, in Olot it's possible to rent bikes for the "via verda" :

turismegarrotxa.com/cicloturismo/cicloturism…

Reply to: Visiting Olot for two nights during August
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Olot