We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cuba visa

manchester
Level Contributor
304 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
cuba visa

do you have to apply for visa to cuba, have read that they are sent with your tickets but have done everything on line/have e- tickets but now a bit confused about visas, going in 4 weeks so would appreciate if someone can tell us is do we have to apply for a visa before we go or do you fill out form on plane.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
748 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cuba visa

All the information you need are here :http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c104245/Cuba:Caribbean:Tourist.Card.Visa.html

Skelton-in-Cleveland...
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cuba visa

Ur travel agent will send them to you. About two weeks befor. If ur concerned. Give ur travel agent a quick call. X

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,728 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cuba visa

If you are booked with Thomas Cook or Thomson they will send them out to you.

Virgin, you buy them.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cuba visa

We're going with Thomas Cook in 2 weeks and 2 days and haven't received ours yet. I had a look at my booking on the website at the weekend and it was saying 'tickets not received yet'. I presume they mean the visas as I've already got my e tickets. I did read somewhere they'd be sent out 2 weeks before so I'll chase mine if they haven't arrived by Saturday.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,728 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cuba visa

Post 1.

Chase them up.

You may have to pick them up at airport.

Chase them now.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,728 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cuba visa

Post 1.

Chase them up.

You may have to pick them up at airport.

Chase them now.

sorry should be post 4. Reading thread last to first.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cuba visa

I concur.... if you are flying Thomas Cook or Thomsons you will be sent your Visas approx. two weeks before you travel... If you don't receive them by 2 weeks prior then chase them up... it has been known for some people to have to collect their Visas from their departure airport so don't panic if they ask you to do this, its no biggie.

Belfast -Northern...
Level Contributor
8 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cuba visa

Hi

If you have booked your tickets yourself online and not through a travel agent then you have to go and get your visa yourself.

We booked online with Air France as we didn't do a tour but travelled around Cuba on our own on the Vizul buses. We didn't realise about the visa and when we did we had only one day before our flights. We had to rush down to the Cuba Embassy in Dublin to buy them as Air France check your visas at check-in so you can't even get on the flight without them.

I do thick there is an online company that can process your visas separately and send them to you but you need to allow yourself enough time as it may be a number of days.

Hope that helps and enjoy your time in Cuba

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,168 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: cuba visa

Littlemiss, this is not accurate:

If you have booked your tickets yourself online and not through a travel agent then you have to go and get your visa yourself.

You had to get your visa yourself because Air France never provide them, just like Virgins never provide them. Like it was said in previous posts, Thomas Cook and Thompson will provide the tourist card to you.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,728 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cuba visa

Just to add.

Even if you book flight only with TC and Thomsons the tourist card is in the cost of the ticket.

ditto all that Gen has said. :)